FDNY EMS Candidates

spaceferret

lvl: pumpkinslayer
Wouldn't make much sense. If your paperwork is in and everything is in order that makes you eligible. Therefore I don't see a reason your list number would be skipped. However, according to many other folks on here they do not call in any specific order so I wouldn't let that worry you yet.. what's your list #?
Yeah true that wouldn't make sense but I just wanna make sure. Btw I wasn't asking because of myself, I was just worried about the other guy, but it seems like they really don't go in order, because yesterday someone who's list number is 111x got called and today someone who is 99x got called. I guess they just pick a specific range of people and call from there. Btw what's your number?

spaceferret

Hey bnf that's a good question I wonder how many people they call per day..and how many more will get the call before the academy

Bnf000

Forum Probie
Yeah true that wouldn't make sense but I just wanna make sure. Btw I wasn't asking because of myself, I was just worried about the other guy, but it seems like they really don't go in order, because yesterday someone who's list number is 111x got called and today someone who is 99x got called. I guess they just pick a specific range of people and call from there. Btw what's your number?

Oh okay I understand. Yes I guess it was just confirmed that they do not go in order. Suppose they do and maybe they have more than one person making calls? I am on exam 7000 my list number is in the single digits, less than 5... a lot less hopeful for this academy ever since discovering this forum. Lol

DeathEMS

Forum Ride Along
Alrighty, so I'm not sure if I am in a pickle or if I need a work around but I haven't seen anything since this is a more specific question opposed to a general question that has been asked 62,000 times.

I am on List/Test/Exam (see, I do read the thread lol) 7000. I have the PAT towards the end of the month and it is requiring that I bring my valid NYS EMT Card. So when I took the "test" I was certified but it was near lapsing and since I don't actively work in EMS I decided to let it expire as I didn't really have any intention of going back to EMS (although I did and do love it, just needed more security, money and health insurance for my family.)

So long story short, my card is expired, I need to report at the end of the month, I am planning on taking a hybrid course and can be re-certified by September. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what the hell I can do?

spaceferret

I
Oh okay I understand. Yes I guess it was just confirmed that they do not go in order. Suppose they do and maybe they have more than one person making calls? I am on exam 7000 my list number is in the single digits, less than 5... a lot less hopeful for this academy ever since discovering this forum. Lol
If we don't make it into this academy, I am 99.99999999999% sure that we will be hitting October academy because they went from 89x all the way to 111x from exam 6003 which, from my calculations, means that they went through about 220 list numbers so far. So, if they call 220 more numbers for October academy, then they will reach list #1330 and they might have to start calling from exam 7003 soon because exam 6003 only goes up to #1359.

emt117

Forum Lieutenant
Alrighty, so I'm not sure if I am in a pickle or if I need a work around but I haven't seen anything since this is a more specific question opposed to a general question that has been asked 62,000 times.

I am on List/Test/Exam (see, I do read the thread lol) 7000. I have the PAT towards the end of the month and it is requiring that I bring my valid NYS EMT Card. So when I took the "test" I was certified but it was near lapsing and since I don't actively work in EMS I decided to let it expire as I didn't really have any intention of going back to EMS (although I did and do love it, just needed more security, money and health insurance for my family.)

So long story short, my card is expired, I need to report at the end of the month, I am planning on taking a hybrid course and can be re-certified by September. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what the hell I can do?

Unfortunately I think they will make you either defer until you get your card again or disqualify you. I am not 100% sure but I think I remember someone in the past that had this same issue. They require that you already have your card throughout the process and entering the academy as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bnf000

Forum Probie
I

If we don't make it into this academy, I am 99.99999999999% sure that we will be hitting October academy because they went from 89x all the way to 111x from exam 6003 which, from my calculations, means that they went through about 220 list numbers so far. So, if they call 220 more numbers for October academy, then they will reach list #1330 and they might have to start calling from exam 7003 soon because exam 6003 only goes up to #1359.
You mean might have to start calling from exam 7000 soon? Not 7003..?

TheMedicLife

Forum Captain

Your best answer lays at Metro Tech.
I am not sure nor do I have a straight answer for your question.
Only ones who do are Metro Tech. So call them and see what you can do about getting your EMT recert until you are called.

anon101

Forum Ride Along
I have a question, I think I got the answer but just want to be 100% sure. When I go in for the physical, do I need to have my drivers license? Or is the permit okay? If I don't have my license can I reschedule my physical?

I am currently working on getting it.

Thanks.

TheMedicLife

Forum Captain
I have a question, I think I got the answer but just want to be 100% sure. When I go in for the physical, do I need to have my drivers license? Or is the permit okay? If I don't have my license can I reschedule my physical?

I am currently working on getting it.

Thanks.

Drivers License required, But what list number are you ? on the 7000 exam ? if so you can work quickly on getting it, before you get the call.

Good luck

Attachments

• FDNYEMS REQUIREMENT.JPG
    FDNYEMS REQUIREMENT.JPG
    74.2 KB · Views: 187

anon101

Forum Ride Along
Drivers License required, But what list number are you ? on the 7000 exam ? if so you can work quickly on getting it, before you get the call.

Good luck

I'm 80X, I haven't got my date yet but I read here someone in the mid 700's has their physical for end of this month. I have a minor surgery tomorrow and will start taking the rest of my classes next week Tuesday or Wednesday and due to work it'll take me like a month to get it if the exam isn't some crazy far day.

Is there any way to reschedule the physical date? I will try my hardest to get it before then but just wondering in case of last resort. Thanks a bunch.

TheMedicLife

Forum Captain
I'm 80X, I haven't got my date yet but I read here someone in the mid 700's has their physical for end of this month. I have a minor surgery tomorrow and will start taking the rest of my classes next week Tuesday or Wednesday and due to work it'll take me like a month to get it if the exam isn't some crazy far day.

Is there any way to reschedule the physical date? I will try my hardest to get it before then but just wondering in case of last resort. Thanks a bunch.
QUIREMENT.JPG

So you already have a date for the PAT ? To reschedule you need to call Metro Tech, don't know how long after that you will have to wait.
Good luck with everything.

silvercat354726

Forum Lieutenant
TO ALL WHO ARE ASKING WHAT TO WEAR FOR ID BADGES AND PAPER WORK DAY.

Listen you are still in the interview process of the job. Metro Tech is where all the big bosses are at.
So why would you dress like you going to a BBQ ?
you don't have to go in a suit, but go in as you would a job interview a pair of slack/ or Jeans, shoes and a decent shirt would not kill you and be looked upon as a serious and respectful future member of the FDNY EMS dept.
Metro Tech houses the big bosses and trust me they notice things like your seriousness in your attire coming in for your future job.
just food for thought.
( FYI when I went to Metro Tech for ID and paperwork day I was thanked for showing up in proper attire for the JOB INTERVIEW PROCESS all I wore was a pair of slacks, shoes and shirt and sweater).
Appearance speaks volumes.
Also make sure you get a hair cut if you need to, this is the ID you will carry for years to come.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

silvercat354726

Forum Lieutenant
Unfortunately I think they will make you either defer until you get your card again or disqualify you. I am not 100% sure but I think I remember someone in the past that had this same issue. They require that you already have your card throughout the process and entering the academy as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My card expired about three weeks into the academy and the senior investigator called me in December to ask me to speed up my renewal process so I could be considered for the next class. Even though I had a fresh card I still had to sit foe the state exam three weeks later. Get that card renewed.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk