FDNY EMS Candidates

silvercat354726

Forum Lieutenant
Psych exam before medical exam? I got my letter for my psych at the end of the month. Anyone else going July 30 (Saturday), not Sunday as stated on the paperwork?

MelEmtNyc

Forum Captain
Mel is the P.M class 3:30-11:30? Or is it 3:00-11:00? Cause all my life I was told 3-11 and when I got the call she told me 3:30 -11:30
It's 330-1130 but u want to be there by 3 or earlier I always got there an hr early at least bcuz parking and when u start testing you'll go at like 1 for study

thatdorkyemt_

Forum Captain
Did you get your letter yet? Im worried I wont get it befor next wendsday

No I didn't. I'm more worried about uniform fittings than anything. I'll be at Metrotech on the 18th God forbid I don't get anything by then I'll start stressing

FDNYEMT

Forum Captain
how far into the academy are rotations

Rotations start after your state stuff, when each groups splits up. During the state stuff, youre all together, after that you`ll be separated doing different things (evoc, scenarios, ops, rotations, extrication, hazmat)

What is the pt schedule like? Is it everyday, every other day? Is it mostly the same workouts during each pt session?

PT is everyday when youre doing state materials. After state and when you split up, its when you do your Operations and last day of scenarios.

Ambulance402

Forum Crew Member
Anyone els going to Metrotech on the 20th for Paperwork? I feel like everyone here is going the 18th. They do this stuff on different days right?

Nsanc123

Forum Probie
image.jpeg Im list number 9xx and i was supposed to take my physical but had to out on hold because i live in florida and couldnt make it.I called dcas they told me what to do so I emailed them my reason to be put back on the list and the lady said id be expecting a physical test sometime in september but recieved this email and was wonderig if anyone can speculate and tell me what it means please and thank you.
image.jpeg

SIEMTB

Forum Lieutenant
View attachment 2895 Im list number 9xx and i was supposed to take my physical but had to out on hold because i live in florida and couldnt make it.I called dcas they told me what to do so I emailed them my reason to be put back on the list and the lady said id be expecting a physical test sometime in september but recieved this email and was wonderig if anyone can speculate and tell me what it means please and thank you.View attachment 2895

Honestly, I'm not too sure what that means but I would contact the investigation bureau again and be persistent in finding out what to do next. Obviously, you don't have an investigator yet since you're looking to take your physical, but I would keep calling, within reason and not annoying them, to find out what to do. Sorry I couldn't be more of a help.

TheMedicLife

Forum Captain
Rotations start after your state stuff, when each groups splits up. During the state stuff, youre all together, after that you`ll be separated doing different things (evoc, scenarios, ops, rotations, extrication, hazmat)

PT is everyday when youre doing state materials. After state and when you split up, its when you do your Operations and last day of scenarios.

Mathew are the lockers metal and spacious ? thinking about buying heavy duty magnet hooks, to hang up extra things in case the space is limited inside the lockers.

FDNYEMT

Forum Captain
Mathew are the lockers metal and spacious ? thinking about buying heavy duty magnet hooks, to hang up extra things in case the space is limited inside the lockers.

Yes. Lockers are big. You can fit a person in it .. literally...(we've done it already). There's room for all your books, red bag, and your clothing. There are 8 hooks built into it already.

ndtyank49

Forum Probie
what type of watch do you recommend?

FDNYEMT

Forum Captain
what type of watch do you recommend?

Something cheap with a seconds hand or digital watch with the seconds. I personally use a g shock. Battery lasted me about 3 years now and still haven't changed it. It lights up when I push the button. So it's pretty good. Costed a little less than 100

Marcela

Forum Ride Along
It's 330-1130 but u want to be there by 3 or earlier I always got there an hr early at least bcuz parking and when u start testing you'll go at like 1 for study
Will we be able to switch tours with someone who wants to? For example it's extremely hard for me right now to work the 330 to 1130pm...I mean I'll make it work for me if I have to but I heard if someone in the morning class wants the night class we can switch!?!? If so...does anyone need the night tour instead? ??