FDNY EMS Candidates

Sweet Tee

Forum Crew Member
I think u should try calling your investigator and see what they tell u because mine didn't tel me anything. And let us know lol
Lol I'll see what she says. I already gave my employer the heads up because there's only like 2 weeks left before class starts

emsc

Forum Crew Member
Yea I did too let us know. I am dying to know what other investigators say to other candidates
Mine told me she knew nothing. And then called me 7 hours later that she was missing stuff.

FDNYEMT

Forum Captain
More calls should be rolling out this week. Anyone know what number they called up to was?

TheMedicLife

Forum Captain
More calls should be rolling out this week. Anyone know what number they called up to was?

Hey Matthew, wanted to run this by you, Someone had posted this a while ago with the things we can expect to receive at fitting,
So this is pretty much what we get ?
And a buddy of mine suggested shower slippers and basic toiletries to keep in your locker.
and he said buy extra tie clips and an extra tie to keep in the locker
Do you suggest anything else ?

Attachments

• CaptureUNIFORMS FDNY.JPG
    CaptureUNIFORMS FDNY.JPG
    40.8 KB · Views: 257

MelEmtNyc

Forum Captain
Hey Matthew, wanted to run this by you, Someone had posted this a while ago with the things we can expect to receive at fitting,
And a buddy of mine suggested shower slippers and basic toiletries to keep in your locker.
Yep sounds about right also bring a towel ro shower and cash for when u get ur stuff at quartermaster for the duffel bag I believe it was $35 and u need to buy 2 10 pd non adjustable weights for pt.

FDNYEMT

Forum Captain

What you get from fitting:

5 Dark blue button up shirts
6 black polos (1 you bring home for rotations)

2 light blue shirts ( short sleeved )
1 light blue shirt ( long sleeved )
5 black work pants
1 Pair of Duty boots
1 Class A Pants
1 Class A Jacket
1 Rain Coat
1 Work Sweatshirt (not sure if thats what its called [the one where you zip up from chest up])
1 BI Jacket
Duty Boots
Class A boots
Bunker Gear (pants & Jacket [both loaners])
Helmet
Work Gloves
Red Bag to put your bunker gear, helmet and work gloves in
Tie
Tie Clip
Cover (hat)
2 collar brass
1 cover shield
3 FDNY PT Shirts
2 FDNY PT Shorts
White gloves (part of class A)
2 Belts. Smooth one is to be worn as part of your uniform. The other one is your duty belt so you can put your buff **** on it and wear it over your uniform belt in the field.
Bullet resistant vest

Duffel bag is available for purchase, you are required to have a black duffel bag with nothing on it (no nike check, under armour logo, NOTHING). It costs about 35$ AT quartermasters to purchase if you want

I believe that is EVERYTHING i may be missing 1 or two items, but im not 100% sure.
Everything that is BOLDED, ITALICIZED, AND UNDERLINED are things that you leave with them at quartermaster so that they can put your names into it for the end of the academy. Everything else, you bring home.

For your locker, i suggest you bring extra change of clothes, just in case anything happens.

Leave your red bag in your locker with the bunker pants, bunker jacket, work gloves. ( PUT YOUR NAME ON EVERYTHING!)

If you need to shave a lot, then leave a set of razors and shaving cream in your locker. (i always did it before i got to work anyway, but you can look after your buddies in case they forget or they need to shave).

Leave deodorant in your locker ( dont smell like ****, people will hate you, lol.)
Make sure you bring your pt shirts and shorts home after pt days and wash them, PLEASE!

As for tie and tie clips: When we broke into "squads," Squad leader gathered money for extra ties and tie clips to keep in their locker for the squad. You may want to have the squad leader to buy a cover, because people WILL forget to wear it. There are 15 people in a squad and if everyone chipped in 3 or 4 $, then that'll be more than enough for extra stuff. I do not know how squad leaders are chosen, so dont even ask me that, haha.

If you can afford to leave your running shoes in your locker, do so. so that you wont forget.

My advice so that you dont forget anything at home when the academy starts, is to leave your stuff in your car. Put your tie and tie clip into your cover and leave it in your car.

MAKE SURE YOU HAVE YOUR CREDENTIALS WITH YOU AT ALL TIMES (DRIVERS LICENSE, DEPARTMENT ID, AND EMT CARD)

NO PHONES

Im pretty sure this is all for now. Any questions. leave them here.

Congrats to all who got in, and Good Luck!

TheMedicLife

Forum Captain
What you get from fitting:

5 Dark blue button up shirts
6 black polos (1 you bring home for rotations)

2 light blue shirts ( short sleeved )
1 light blue shirt ( long sleeved )
5 black work pants
1 Pair of Duty boots
1 Class A Pants
1 Class A Jacket
1 Rain Coat
1 Work Sweatshirt (not sure if thats what its called [the one where you zip up from chest up])
1 BI Jacket
Duty Boots
Class A boots
Bunker Gear (pants & Jacket [both loaners])
Helmet
Work Gloves
Red Bag to put your bunker gear, helmet and work gloves in
Tie
Tie Clip
Cover (hat)
2 collar brass
1 cover shield
3 FDNY PT Shirts
2 FDNY PT Shorts
White gloves (part of class A)
2 Belts. Smooth one is to be worn as part of your uniform. The other one is your duty belt so you can put your buff **** on it and wear it over your uniform belt in the field.
Bullet resistant vest

Duffel bag is available for purchase, you are required to have a black duffel bag with nothing on it (no nike check, under armour logo, NOTHING). It costs about 35$ AT quartermasters to purchase if you want

I believe that is EVERYTHING i may be missing 1 or two items, but im not 100% sure.
Everything that is BOLDED, ITALICIZED, AND UNDERLINED are things that you leave with them at quartermaster so that they can put your names into it for the end of the academy. Everything else, you bring home.

For your locker, i suggest you bring extra change of clothes, just in case anything happens.

Leave your red bag in your locker with the bunker pants, bunker jacket, work gloves. ( PUT YOUR NAME ON EVERYTHING!)

If you need to shave a lot, then leave a set of razors and shaving cream in your locker. (i always did it before i got to work anyway, but you can look after your buddies in case they forget or they need to shave).

Leave deodorant in your locker ( dont smell like ****, people will hate you, lol.)
Make sure you bring your pt shirts and shorts home after pt days and wash them, PLEASE!

As for tie and tie clips: When we broke into "squads," Squad leader gathered money for extra ties and tie clips to keep in their locker for the squad. You may want to have the squad leader to buy a cover, because people WILL forget to wear it. There are 15 people in a squad and if everyone chipped in 3 or 4 $, then that'll be more than enough for extra stuff. I do not know how squad leaders are chosen, so dont even ask me that, haha.

If you can afford to leave your running shoes in your locker, do so. so that you wont forget.

My advice so that you dont forget anything at home when the academy starts, is to leave your stuff in your car. Put your tie and tie clip into your cover and leave it in your car.

MAKE SURE YOU HAVE YOUR CREDENTIALS WITH YOU AT ALL TIMES (DRIVERS LICENSE, DEPARTMENT ID, AND EMT CARD)

NO PHONES

Im pretty sure this is all for now. Any questions. leave them here.

Congrats to all who got in, and Good Luck!

Thank you !
You just did me and a whole lotta people who got the call a huge favor. in answering my question.
Thanks again brother !

FDNYEMT

Forum Captain
Thank you !
You just did me and a whole lotta people who got the call a huge favor. in answering my question.
Thanks again brother !

Anytime. I'll answer whatever I can. I know how you guys feel and if someone told me the whole process and all, things would be a lot easier.

Ambulance402

Forum Crew Member
Finally got called , #104X, she's didnt give me an option for a class, she just told me to report to ft Totten on the 26th at 3:30 so I guess I have the pm class? Also I do paperwork on the 20th and uniforms on the 22. Do you guys think ill get my letter befor next Tuesday?

MelEmtNyc

Forum Captain
Finally got called , #104X, she's didnt give me an option for a class, she just told me to report to ft Totten on the 26th at 3:30 so I guess I have the pm class? Also I do paperwork on the 20th and uniforms on the 22. Do you guys think ill get my letter befor next Tuesday?
Oh wow so that means they pretty much filled the class already if u didn't get an option. Congrats

Twonson

Forum Probie
What is the pt schedule like? Is it everyday, every other day? Is it mostly the same workouts during each pt session?

Last edited: