FDNY EMS Candidates

Twonson

Forum Probie
Does anyone know if there are any restrictions on what type of running shoes may be worn for PT? Any color requirements or anything like that???

TheMedicLife

Forum Captain
Does anyone know if there are any restrictions on what type of running shoes may be worn for PT? Any color requirements or anything like that???

Was wondering the same thing, So I am getting black just to be safe. I know we have to buy locks for our lockers.

Conditionsboss

Forum Crew Member
Sneakers can be any color. Don't forget them on the days you have pt, if you can just leave them in your locker because people would forget them and have to run in their boots.

Patrick Holland

Forum Probie
Anyone know why the test is so early this year?

And just to clarify, the entire process fro the "test" is done online from your computer and not at a DCAS testing center?

ChrisEMT44

Forum Probie
People who are on the job/ in the academy: What did you guys wear for the paperwork day and when you go to get all your gear?

Joseph taye

Forum Probie
Quick question exam number 7000 is out on dcas do i apply completly from there or is there anything else i have to do besides dcas? I want to apply but not mess up

thatdorkyemt_

Forum Captain
Quick question exam number 7000 is out on dcas do i apply completly from there or is there anything else i have to do besides dcas? I want to apply but not mess up

Apply through DCAS. After DCAS does their things. All your info is sent to the corresponding agency and they handle things from there. Your PAT, Intake, Medical and Psych are done by FDNY

thatdorkyemt_

Forum Captain

Bro, get something that's shock absorbent. You'll love yourself in the end. Stay away from Nike Rosheruns (rosheones). They will provide you no support at all and will only make your feet hurt that Much more after running.

MelEmtNyc

Forum Captain
Bro, get something that's shock absorbent. You'll love yourself in the end. Stay away from Nike Rosheruns (rosheones). They will provide you no support at all and will only make your feet hurt that Much more after running.
I recommend nike lunar glide 7's

MelEmtNyc

Forum Captain
An on duty fdny emt got shot with a BB gun while sitting in the bus smh. everyone be aware of you're surroundings especially my brothers and sisters on rotations today

Jimazz

Forum Lieutenant

Thats because the roshe runs are not running shoes. Poor name on their part. Stay away from frees unless you are a very light person. I swear by my flex furys. But anything with lunar foam soles are good

TheMedicLife

Forum Captain
People who are on the job/ in the academy: What did you guys wear for the paperwork day and when you go to get all your gear?

Paper work is being done at Metro Tech and all the bosses are there, so dress like they are looking at you, 'Here's what Mathew posted and sounds pretty good to me.

Attachments

• CaptureNeedToKnow.JPG
    CaptureNeedToKnow.JPG
    91.4 KB · Views: 349