FDNY EMS Candidates

nerdinnyc

Forum Crew Member
I didn't when I was in orientation, they may have changed it. When in doubt, bring it. Don't put the emblem on the hat. You guys haven't "earned that right" yet.

silvercat354726

Forum Lieutenant
Does anyone know around about how long the PAT takes?

ChrisEMT44

Forum Probie
Does anyone know around about how long the PAT takes?
Depends how many people/ how early or late you get there. I was one of the first ones there but they called the people who got there later than me first. I was there 3 hours

FDNYEMT

Forum Captain
Its going to be funny when we all see each other on Monday and not even realize who is who on this forum.

FDNYEMT

Forum Captain
Lol I know I met Conditionsboss during uniform fittings was weird asking what his user name was on here instead of first name

LOL! Monday will be fun. Just another day. So excited.

ThatGirlLex4

Forum Probie
I have the PAT tomorrow.. anyone else going in? 2pm? Also, I know what you're supposed to be able to do for the PAT, just curious about what the environment is like. How many people usually go in for the PAT at a time?

thatdorkyemt_

Forum Captain
I have the PAT tomorrow.. anyone else going in? 2pm? Also, I know what you're supposed to be able to do for the PAT, just curious about what the environment is like. How many people usually go in for the PAT at a time?

Usually 4-5 at a time. Two if you will go on a stairmaster at a time. The rest is one at a time.

silvercat354726

Forum Lieutenant
I'm scheduled for 0800.

How far are people traveling?

tia89

Forum Crew Member
On the paper they gave us on thursday. It say b.i jacket on the 8th line. I dont see how to take a picture of it

thatdorkyemt_

Forum Captain
Hey guys, first off congratz on everyone that got in the April academy, I'm psyched for you. I just have a question for everyone that had already been in the Academy. I asked my investigator about my issue and she said she will ask a supervisor for me. So I'm 1076 on 5003, and if they really got up to 930's for April, i should have July on lock. My card expires on September 30,2016. If we take the state about a month through the class I should be fine right? Or do i have to have my original cert throughout the WHOLE Academy? Is expired cards talked about at all on this Thread? Or does anyone have any friends that had their card expire close to the end of their Academy?

Lol I think I did my PAT with you. Hopefully We make it in to the July Academy. Then wait has been killing me.

MelEmtNyc

Forum Captain
Wear the dress cap, don't put the badge on it, should be nothing on the front of it. U guys are gonna ask each other who's who on the forum? Lol good luck to you guys starting Thursday, It flies
Lol thanks so the dress cover is the hat thanks for responding quick. I hope it does fly :)

mitts

Forum Ride Along
Congratulations to all. Quick question to anyone else getting ready for orientation tomorrow. I see the paper says what to wear to the academy every day starting Tuesday but do we wear the hat (no badge) and b.i jacket tomorrow to orientation? Thanks in advance