FDNY EMS Candidates

MelEmtNyc

Forum Captain
What was the title of the email? so we can all have an idea of what it may look like.

Thanks in advance.
It came from Do-Not-Reply-NYCCareers@nyc.gov and this is the first paragraph

As part of the conditional offer extended to you, the City of New York requires that you complete or update (if previously submitted) essential pre-employment forms. Please read the instructions below to access and complete the forms

Stavie670

Forum Lieutenant
My pat is tmr and The letter says to bring a doctors note if you take any medication, but my doctor said I didn't need one for eye drops. should I just bring the eye drops with my prescription?

Dot212

Forum Crew Member
My pat is tmr and The letter says to bring a doctors note if you take any medication, but my doctor said I didn't need one for eye drops. should I just bring the eye drops with my prescription?

Just bring the med and the prescription. They just have you write the name and Rx #.

Russ93

Forum Ride Along
exam # 6003, physical agility done,meet with investigator done. Waiting on psych or medical which ever is 1st. Only thing I worry about in medical is I'm 5 foot 11in weighing 246lbs. From what I herd for my height the max they would want me at is 233lbs,can anybody confirm?

Mikef19

Forum Lieutenant
exam # 6003, physical agility done,meet with investigator done. Waiting on psych or medical which ever is 1st. Only thing I worry about in medical is I'm 5 foot 11in weighing 246lbs. From what I herd for my height the max they would want me at is 233lbs,can anybody confirm?

It's probably less than that. I'm 6' and it was lower than that. It is possible to lose the weight in the time frame. I did it.

MelEmtNyc

Forum Captain
It's probably less than that. I'm 6' and it was lower than that. It is possible to lose the weight in the time frame. I did it.
Think it's a lot lower then that look up a bmi chart for your height average weight was no higher than 179. I would diet and hit the gym asap

Russ93

Forum Ride Along
That's ridiculous,I'm not just fat, I have muscle too. No way I'm going to be 179lbs. impossible,everyone's body is different. I'm not in the best shape but I'd say I'm in decent shape,yes I should lose some more lbs boy no way I'm losing to 179.

Mikef19

Forum Lieutenant
179 is certainly not the number. I'm 6' and I think for that height its 224. I was able to drop close to 25 pounds in the 30 days they give you before the reweigh. And I did it in s healthy fashion.

MelEmtNyc

Forum Captain
That's ridiculous,I'm not just fat, I have muscle too. No way I'm going to be 179lbs. impossible,everyone's body is different. I'm not in the best shape but I'd say I'm in decent shape,yes I should lose some more lbs boy no way I'm losing to 179.
That's the numbers according to the bmi chart which they use and I believe you're allowed to be 15-20% over bmi. My friend that's 6' got down to 220 and was fine

silvercat354726

Forum Lieutenant
Can anyone advise how you are expected to dress for your physical agility test?
It states in the letter to wear workout clothes under your normal street clothes, sneakers and to bring a towel for personal use.

RUMCEMT

Forum Lieutenant
Tell them about everything. Those are prescription, at least they were when I had lasik done. Failure to disclose is a huge thing they talk about, always err on the side of caution and tell them.
Tell them, but at pat unless it will make you piss dirty they don't really care but tell them for sure