FDNY EMS Candidates

lukgiel

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
I'm still almost 2 hours from hone and then another hour 45 minutes from brooklyn in good conditions. I might just head to brooklyn as soon as I get home and take a nap in my car somewhere near hq

That's what I would do.
Do your best to not let this opportunity pass bro

I wish you safe driving :)

lukgiel

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
Any questions PM me

lukgiel

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
Glad to hear that brother

lukgiel

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
It'll be worth it in a bit when you get the check haha

FDNYEMT

Forum Captain
Words from a VERY VERY reliable source told me that the 5300 list will be called some time this year, probably september. I only had my cert for about 48 hours before i applied to fdny ems, and i am assuming i have a score of 70. But nonetheless, the source directly from metroetch told me there will be a strong chance i can get into sept if not then definitely dec.

but anyone know when i should be receiving the list # from dcas????? :(

lukgiel

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
Words from a VERY VERY reliable source told me that the 5300 list will be called some time this year, probably september. I only had my cert for about 48 hours before i applied to fdny ems, and i am assuming i have a score of 70. But nonetheless, the source directly from metroetch told me there will be a strong chance i can get into sept if not then definitely dec.

but anyone know when i should be receiving the list # from dcas????? :(

List # take about 4-5 months, for example when people apply in sept, they get them end of Feb or march. After that you receive 4 individual letters, physical, investigation, medical and psychological. It may be weeks or months between each letter. Generally when you apply, it takes between a year to two until you receive the final letter/call for the academy.

I applied sept 2013, I had a score of 80 and a list # of 2XX and I was in the Jan 2015 academy. Others who have a list # of 1xxx or so are looking at April , September and they will probably finish in Jan 2016 and start with exam 5003, it all depends how many people they put in each class

FDNYEMT

Forum Captain
From what i've been hearing, they're hiring a lot. thats the only reason why theres a stronger chance i can get in this year, but hey, we'll see. a buddy of mine applied last september 2013 and just got in to the AM class that started today.

billwill

Forum Lieutenant
Just listened to Belasio budget-- he said 45 new EMS tours and about 150 more ems employees than usual

ReesesPBcup56

Forum Probie
Doing the simple math I'm assuming what mattchew is saying is accurate. They are already around list number 700 on 4004, there are only 700 more numbers to go through and we still have the april, july and september classes to be filled before the year ends. If the rumors are true and 120 will be going into all the remaining classes, I can't see any way they don't at least hit the top of 5003 by september. Also hearing the list numbers for 5003 will be out around April

True42

Forum Crew Member
Hey.. Everything sounds good but I honestly don't think 5003 will be finished before the year is up. Realistically, they're at 700. But a lot of list #'s in the 400's, 500's, & 600's were skipped over and told April will be their time. I'm sure they'll get their call first before they continue to move up. Not to shatter dreams but the logistics of getting into the academy is not as simple as spoken word puts it. It normally takes a year not from when you receive your list # but when you have your Physical Agility.

Ryan815

Forum Lieutenant
There is truth to that post .. when I got hired my physical fell in May and I wasn't wasn't hired until the following February .. it really all depends on your #...there way to many variables to constantly think about .. focus on your current jobs and wait .. that's really all you can do

ReesesPBcup56

Forum Probie
Hey.. Everything sounds good but I honestly don't think 5003 will be finished before the year is up. Realistically, they're at 700. But a lot of list #'s in the 400's, 500's, & 600's were skipped over and told April will be their time. I'm sure they'll get their call first before they continue to move up. Not to shatter dreams but the logistics of getting into the academy is not as simple as spoken word puts it. It normally takes a year not from when you receive your list # but when you have your Physical Agility.
I think you may have read my thing wrong. I just think that they will be hiring off 5003 before the year ends. There is not a chance they make it through the entire list before the year ends.

ReesesPBcup56

Forum Probie
Also though, you guys are right, you truly can't predict when you will be hired because you can't ever predict how many ppl will be DQ'd or will turn down the job. Quick question for you guys that have gone thru the process.....I expect to get a score of 80 based on having the 5 points for evoc and hazmat, however, I know there will be a million other people that also have an 80. Does anybody know how they do tie-breakers? I've heard social security number but does anybody know if that is actually the case?

lukgiel

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
Doing the simple math I'm assuming what mattchew is saying is accurate. They are already around list number 700 on 4004, there are only 700 more numbers to go through and we still have the april, july and september classes to be filled before the year ends. If the rumors are true and 120 will be going into all the remaining classes, I can't see any way they don't at least hit the top of 5003 by september. Also hearing the list numbers for 5003 will be out around April

Most likely April and sept.
Remaining classes will be 90 people, 45 in am and 45 in pm, but that's what I'm hearing

lukgiel

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
Also though, you guys are right, you truly can't predict when you will be hired because you can't ever predict how many ppl will be DQ'd or will turn down the job. Quick question for you guys that have gone thru the process.....I expect to get a score of 80 based on having the 5 points for evoc and hazmat, however, I know there will be a million other people that also have an 80. Does anybody know how they do tie-breakers? I've heard social security number but does anybody know if that is actually the case?

Yes by ss

Mugs89

Forum Captain
Should be a summer academy, there was a July academy last year. The fact that there getting more funding for EMS and have to staff more shifts would point to keeping the summer academy.