FDNY EMS Candidates

B7ice

Forum Ride Along
Got the call yesterday. I chose the Feb 9th class 3-11 tour. They also offered me the other 2 classes but I didn't ask what hours were still available. The investigator said they would be be in contact with me around the last week of JanuRy and if I did not hear from them be sure to call and follow up. List # 28x

who did you speak too? I chose to defer the January class till February, and all she told me was that she will call me in 2 weeks with the official job offer.

lukgiel

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
And this is why I chose Jan 12. To avoid all the confusion with deferring, calling back, etc etc

Glenn

Forum Crew Member
I just called my investigator and again, she tells me that she can't tell me anything. I don't get it

Joperlow26

Forum Probie
who did you speak too? I chose to defer the January class till February, and all she told me was that she will call me in 2 weeks with the official job offer.
Looks like we talked to the same person I've been trying to reach my investigator today but it she's not picking up I left a message I'll keep you posted what I find out.

manny06

Forum Probie
Why don't people write their whole number instead of 3xx or 29x write the damm thing your not writing your social security number lol just saying.... who thinks they will get to my number 405? Or I'm looking like april???

Glenn

Forum Crew Member
I just called my investigator and again, she tells me that she can't tell me anything. I also got a call back from Peggy Quinn saying the same thing, that my file is complete and I have to wait. I told them that I know people higher than my number which is in the 26X's on list 4004 received offers. Don't get it, I am so tied of waiting...UGH!

emssg

Forum Probie
I actually just applied to FDNY exam 5003.... I should score an 80. Im just keeping up with everything here because im curious when they will go through list 4004 and start with 5003.. I am hoping to get on FDNY before the next firefighter promo
My process so far has been a year and a half. I scored an 85 on 4004.
Congrats emssg. I see your number is in the 3s but how far into the 3s are?

Hi,

I am in the early 300's

emssg

Forum Probie
I actually just applied to FDNY exam 5003.... I should score an 80. Im just keeping up with everything here because im curious when they will go through list 4004 and start with 5003.. I am hoping to get on FDNY before the next firefighter promo

I scored 85 on 4004. I applied 5003 in case. However, it took exactly 6 months from application to receive my number. My friend who was on the exam the year before me got in the academy within a year. September 2014 was the 1 year mark since application. I was complete with the process, just waiting on the class until the call yesterday.

billwill

Forum Lieutenant
I scored 85 on 4004. I applied 5003 in case. However, it took exactly 6 months from application to receive my number. My friend who was on the exam the year before me got in the academy within a year. September 2014 was the 1 year mark since application. I was complete with the process, just waiting on the class until the call yesterday.

There are people on this forum who scored an 80 and they have list # in the 250 range.... You sure you got an 85, or 80???

Glenn

Forum Crew Member
There are people on this forum who scored an 80 and they have list # in the 250 range.... You sure you got an 85, or 80???

I scored an 80 and in the 260's range on 4004 He will have to be lower than me if he scored a 85

emssg

Forum Probie
When were you called, I wonder how they make their calls, I see they don't go by list number LOL

I would think they should go by list number as long as you qualify.
I do know (through my friend who was on the test before this and already working for FDNY as an EMT) that he scored an 80 and his friend scored an 85 and his friend had a higher list number. Not sure how/why rationale behind that.
I received a call yesterday afternoon, as stated, they offered me all three classes. Hope this helps.