FDNY EMS Candidates

Glenn

Forum Crew Member
I just received an offer from Peggy Quinn for EMD,

Peggy Quinn will be making offers this week for EMD that starts on January 12th (All EMD). This class will start with EMT at Fort Totten, then go straight into the EMD training. The January 26th (All EMD). This class will start with EMD training, then go work at EMD, then within 2 years will go to Fort Totten and do EMT.

All EMD will require a two year commitment. 6 months training, and 1.5 to 2 years working EMD. After that time frame you may elect to stay in EMD or pick which other division you would like to work in. EMD comes with an additional $1,000 per year and 10 college credits (for the training). They are recommending EMD to people interested in the promotional path to fire. They said they are doing this for several reasons; less chance of being injured, less disciplinary issues/complaints from the public, and easier to stay on a consistent fitness regimen.

The January 12th class is almost full (per Peggy Quinn today). They will then continue calling to fill the January 26th and February 9th class. I am waiting for my FDNY emails, one is a congratulation letter, other is a instructional letter.

Good luck all!

billwill

Forum Lieutenant

Peggy Quinn will be making offers this week for EMD that starts on January 12th (All EMD). This class will start with EMT at Fort Totten, then go straight into the EMD training. The January 26th (All EMD). This class will start with EMD training, then go work at EMD, then within 2 years will go to Fort Totten and do EMT.

All EMD will require a two year commitment. 6 months training, and 1.5 to 2 years working EMD. After that time frame you may elect to stay in EMD or pick which other division you would like to work in. EMD comes with an additional $1,000 per year and 10 college credits (for the training). They are recommending EMD to people interested in the promotional path to fire. They said they are doing this for several reasons; less chance of being injured, less disciplinary issues/complaints from the public, and easier to stay on a consistent fitness regimen.

The January 12th class is almost full (per Peggy Quinn today). They will then continue calling to fill the January 26th and February 9th class. I am waiting for my FDNY emails, one is a congratulation letter, other is a instructional letter.

Good luck all!

Did she say anything about when the next fire promotion exam will be?

YFDEMT

Forum Ride Along
IFR I talked to them today about the email. They re putting out emails this week for the jan 12th class, they should be putting out emails for the 26th class sometime next week.

DFD338

Forum Lieutenant
Anyone going in the class next week not receive the beneficiary paperwork yet? Still haven't received mine

It was not in the email but they did give it to me when I went in to fill out the paperwork and I just got it today in the mail with a physical copy of my conditional off letter. So give it a few days and you get get it.

IFR

Forum Crew Member

Good luck all!

Well said Glenn, I couldn't have said it better myself...oooooo, wait a minute

IFR

Forum Crew Member
IFR I talked to them today about the email. They re putting out emails this week for the jan 12th class, they should be putting out emails for the 26th class sometime next week.
Thanks, they keep telling me "one more day" haha

Glenn

Forum Crew Member
Well said Glenn, I couldn't have said it better myself...oooooo, wait a minute
why write it again if your already did if for me LOL! She pretty much said what you posted and I used yours

Hunter118

Forum Captain
Did anyone in the 1200 and up get a letter for the psych and medical yet ? I had my intake interview nov 25th. List #136X

JRellsz

Forum Crew Member
Congratulations to all who were called, and good luck you'll do great. Everyone be safe with the with traveling and the winter weather starting to kick in. Keep us updated : . Hoping they reach my number !!

emtgjf

Forum Crew Member
Random question but has anyone with a list # above around 375 heard if your employment verificationstatus went out yet? 48x here and still nothing sent to current or past employer.