FDNY EMS Candidates

Stitch276

Forum Lieutenant
They are moving reallly quickly with 4004, that's great, I'm 25x so I should get it within a week?

thats what im going to say. hell it hasnt even been a week since agility and they're sending out intake letters already.... i was planning on waiting a while, wasnt expecting it to move this fast.

lukgiel

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
thats what im going to say. hell it hasnt even been a week since agility and they're sending out intake letters already.... i was planning on waiting a while, wasnt expecting it to move this fast.

No complaints from my end, I figured 1yr 6 months when I applied, might be less than half a year for us guys with low numbers

TF922

Forum Ride Along
Need some helpful advice on this situation

I've recently had my background investigation for FDNY and I need to write a notary statement of an accident I had about 2 years ago from my previous EMS job.

It was a private company and I was transporting a pt from dialysis to her residence. I hit a double parked semi-trailer truck and it left a small dent towards the front end of the passenger side. The truck was unattended and there were no injuries at all. Everyone including my partner and the patient were fine. The problem is that I didn't report the incident on the scene and since there weren't anyone around , I didn't remain on the scene either. It wasn't until I already dropped off the patient and returned to my ambulance , I took a good look at the damage. I told my dispatcher and when I returned , I showed him how it looked. I wrote an accident report and of course got written up for it. And not so much to my surprise , I was terminated the following day because of my failure to report it right away and stay on the scene.

I will admit that it was an honest mistake on my part and I was quite inexperienced in driving and handling a situation like that (my first time being involved in an accident). I'll admit that I was ashamed to tell anyone but the truth had to be spoken. Now , I'm in a predicament where my investigator wants an explanation of what occurred. Will this affect me at all?

Yea it is moving fast, went to get my detailed earning statement today by coincidence $102. Got there early it takes 3 months if you do it by mail vs a couple hours the most at the office. :ph34r:

lukgiel

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
Yea it is moving fast, went to get my detailed earning statement today by coincidence $102. Got there early it takes 3 months if you do it by mail vs a couple hours the most at the office. :ph34r:

People were saying 25, I knew it was 102.

Which office did you go to? The one I went to today doesn't do it. -_-

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
All of the FDNY EMS applicant/candidate threads have been merged here. Please keep your FDNY EMS questions in this thread.

lukgiel

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
I've recently had my background investigation for FDNY and I need to write a notary statement of an accident I had about 2 years ago from my previous EMS job.

It was a private company and I was transporting a pt from dialysis to her residence. I hit a double parked semi-trailer truck and it left a small dent towards the front end of the passenger side. The truck was unattended and there were no injuries at all. Everyone including my partner and the patient were fine. The problem is that I didn't report the incident on the scene and since there weren't anyone around , I didn't remain on the scene either. It wasn't until I already dropped off the patient and returned to my ambulance , I took a good look at the damage. I told my dispatcher and when I returned , I showed him how it looked. I wrote an accident report and of course got written up for it. And not so much to my surprise , I was terminated the following day because of my failure to report it right away and stay on the scene.

I will admit that it was an honest mistake on my part and I was quite inexperienced in driving and handling a situation like that (my first time being involved in an accident). I'll admit that I was ashamed to tell anyone but the truth had to be spoken. Now , I'm in a predicament where my investigator wants an explanation of what occurred. Will this affect me at all?

Tell them exactly what you told us. They should understand that mistake. You worked anywhere after that?

Stitch276

Forum Lieutenant
Tell them exactly what you told us. They should understand that mistake. You worked anywhere after that?

i would do the same. tell them everything that happened step by step even if it makes you look bad. much better to tell them the story and full explain yourself when questioned then hide something, have them find out, and dq you for withholding info or lying.

TF922

Forum Ride Along
Yes I have. I was fired back in 2012 and I worked a few other jobs after that (non-EMS though). I did commission sales (hated it) , retail for the holidays and I currently work at a school for people with Autism (been there for a year now). When I tell my examiner what I said here , what do you think will happen afterwards? Would I still be considered for employment or will it affect me in a negative way? When I put my reason for leaving that job as termination , my reason was "delaying to report minor incident on scene." What will happen when she finds out that I didn't remain on the scene and get a police report for the accident? All I did was complete an accident report and I notified my dispatcher.

lukgiel

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
Yes I have. I was fired back in 2012 and I worked a few other jobs after that (non-EMS though). I did commission sales (hated it) , retail for the holidays and I currently work at a school for people with Autism (been there for a year now). When I tell my examiner what I said here , what do you think will happen afterwards? Would I still be considered for employment or will it affect me in a negative way? When I put my reason for leaving that job as termination , my reason was "delaying to report minor incident on scene." What will happen when she finds out that I didn't remain on the scene and get a police report for the accident? All I did was complete an accident report and I notified my dispatcher.

Tell them exactly what you told us, you were young, stupid and since it happened the first time you didn't know how to act and neither did your partner. Damage was little, the other driver wasn't there, nothing else you could have done, be honest and be sorry, yes it will be a small negative but if no other tickets, infractions, arrest, other wise a perfectly clean slat3, they'll look over it I'm sure, accidents happen, their paper says, it's not an automatic dq, it's cas3 by case

lukgiel

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
How many people do they usually call for intake interviews on a given day?

TF922

Forum Ride Along
Yeah , that's true. My partner , although she has more experience in the field than me was also an inexperienced driver and whenever we worked together , I always drove. I only worked there for about 2 months , so I guess it also had to do with me still being on probation. On the day of my termination , I wasn't informed of anything concerning legal issues , but since I haven't got a police report or stayed on scene , they decided to let me go for being negligence I suppose. I didn't have any fines or tickets or anything. Didn't need to go to court. Just a write up and termination. Would it be considered lying if I tell my investigator that I don't have a police report , but at the same time have it on my application that my reason for termination is delaying to report accident? I feel like I should've used different words to describe it.

lukgiel

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
Yeah , that's true. My partner , although she has more experience in the field than me was also an inexperienced driver and whenever we worked together , I always drove. I only worked there for about 2 months , so I guess it also had to do with me still being on probation. On the day of my termination , I wasn't informed of anything concerning legal issues , but since I haven't got a police report or stayed on scene , they decided to let me go for being negligence I suppose. I didn't have any fines or tickets or anything. Didn't need to go to court. Just a write up and termination. Would it be considered lying if I tell my investigator that I don't have a police report , but at the same time have it on my application that my reason for termination is delaying to report accident? I feel like I should've used different words to describe it.

Explain that to them , terminated for failure to follow company rules. No tickets, no police reports, even better, shouldn't dq you. Best of luck

emtnyc2012

Forum Lieutenant
I paid 25 5 yr detailed earnings statement.

Don't know why you guys are pay 102

I just looked at my receipt I paid $25. So I was bored and looked it up. The charge one flat rate of $102. So something changed from the time I received mine in September/October 20!3 till now.

Stitch276

Forum Lieutenant
I paid 25 5 yr detailed earnings statement.

Don't know why you guys are pay 102

mine says 102 too, but that's in ri. but i figure it would be the same because ssi is a government program right?

emtnyc2012

Forum Lieutenant
mine says 102 too, but that's in ri. but i figure it would be the same because ssi is a government program right?

I guess something changed in the way they calculated the fees.

I remember you could pay for 1 yr or 50 million yrs and the fee was different for each .

Fsanacore

Forum Crew Member
I hope I make April .... 3024 # low 9xx will see I bet i just miss it.... I heard the last class they went up to 580's so I am think they canvas about 300 or so drop out fails i bet i just miss it .... I heard you get a phone call...

550 got called yesterday for April.