FDNY EMS Candidates

drop491

Forum Ride Along
Fdny ems list number for exam 3024

Hey So glad i found this forum... has any one heard back fro the next academy? my list # is 173

drop491

Forum Ride Along
Fdny ems list number for exam 3024

Yeh i did.. its alot to read, but i did read some where that calls are going out soon. im just wondering how my fellow candidates have heard anything new.. many wanna find a buddy who is semi close to my list number list# 173

unleashedfury

Forum Asst. Chief
Is there a residency requirement for EMS?

I mean a few years back I looked at FDNY EMS but the pay is similar to what I get here, with significantly less call volume

And based on the wages posted you'd be starving to death working in NYC and required to reside there.

Don't get me wrong to put FDNY EMS on your resume is quite a accomplishment but I like my life style

EMTVeg

Forum Captain
Is there a residency requirement for EMS?

I mean a few years back I looked at FDNY EMS but the pay is similar to what I get here, with significantly less call volume

And based on the wages posted you'd be starving to death working in NYC and required to reside there.

Don't get me wrong to put FDNY EMS on your resume is quite a accomplishment but I like my life style

FDNY does not have a residency requirement.

OP
OP
JPat86

JPat86

Forum Lieutenant
Oh ok, I was gonna say yes being part of one of the finest departments in the U.S. is great but working 4 jobs to survive in NYC is not.

Lol if you love where you are now dont leave it. As I tell everyone do what makes you happy. Id you love your job and love doing what you do best then you will never work a day in your life.. with the fdny salary it doesn't include meal money and OT. And I plan on getting a lot of OT... well.. try too at least lol

unleashedfury

Forum Asst. Chief
Lol if you love where you are now dont leave it. As I tell everyone do what makes you happy. Id you love your job and love doing what you do best then you will never work a day in your life.. with the fdny salary it doesn't include meal money and OT. And I plan on getting a lot of OT... well.. try too at least lol

OH ahah. making the bread by picking up the extra shifts...

Yeah I am a single parent of 2 so the idea of picking up and rolling to NYC for the job calling isn't in the cards.. Like I said I'd love to do it just to put the city on my resume.. But I gotta do whats best for my boys..

OP
OP
JPat86

JPat86

Forum Lieutenant
OH ahah. making the bread by picking up the extra shifts...

Yeah I am a single parent of 2 so the idea of picking up and rolling to NYC for the job calling isn't in the cards.. Like I said I'd love to do it just to put the city on my resume.. But I gotta do whats best for my boys..

I know exactly what you mean. I have a 2 year old little girl

unleashedfury

Forum Asst. Chief
two boys 6 and 8,,

I live about 2 hours southwest from the city.. so the idea is doable with a commute, So maybe after I finish school and all just put in for the next exam. Unless I score a kick *** fire job or something in the meantime.

OP
OP
JPat86

JPat86

Forum Lieutenant
two boys 6 and 8,,

I live about 2 hours southwest from the city.. so the idea is doable with a commute, So maybe after I finish school and all just put in for the next exam. Unless I score a kick *** fire job or something in the meantime.

Best of luck to you! You should put yourself on the list anyway. You never know! The next exam comes out this September. Gotta file for the civil service exam on the website.

unleashedfury

Forum Asst. Chief
Best of luck to you! You should put yourself on the list anyway. You never know! The next exam comes out this September. Gotta file for the civil service exam on the website.

Oh really?? I was picking around and just saw the "call and file" but yeah if you can Post the website here or PM it to me

Thank You.

OP
OP
JPat86

JPat86

Forum Lieutenant
Last edited by a moderator:

unleashedfury

Forum Asst. Chief
just picked around the website you I guess the list your on is already 2 years old. So this could work,,, I mean if I Test in September, and they still have to fill spots from your exam list.. I'm sure I'll be finished paramedic school by that time.

EMTVeg

Forum Captain
Have you searched for threads where they discuss to application process? It would probably have more info than here. Just saying...

unleashedfury

Forum Asst. Chief
Have you searched for threads where they discuss to application process? It would probably have more info than here. Just saying...

I was considering it but being that JPat is going through the process now I figured she would be a little more informative since its still fresh and she seems extremely ambitious about all of it.