FDNY EMS Candidates

EMTVeg

Forum Captain
Do you have to score like a certain score though, I had to below over 70 in order to pass?

Just like everything else they don't tell you what you have to blow to pass. They also don't tell you at each station if you pass it or not you have to wait till the end of all the stations.

OP
OP
JPat86

JPat86

Forum Lieutenant
Do you have to score like a certain score though, I had to below over 70 in order to pass?

Hey help you. They are very nice about it. Oh and random question. ... do you think that if we call dcas they will state what number they are up too with calling?

OP
OP
JPat86

JPat86

Forum Lieutenant
I just called DCAS and they haven't started calling people yet because they stated the last appointed number was 69 on exam 3024 out of 1315 candidates

EMTVeg

Forum Captain
Hey help you. They are very nice about it. Oh and random question. ... do you think that if we call dcas they will state what number they are up too with calling?

Agreed! The guy that was there when I was doing mine was super nice. I am sure they will coach you pretty hard if the number isn't good. I was terrified after the vision. It made no sense and there were weird shapes that half the time I didn't know what to do. They were nice when I was freaking out about it haha

EMTVeg

Forum Captain
I just called DCAS and they haven't started calling people yet because they stated the last appointed number was 69 on exam 3024 out of 1315 candidates

I tried to call a couple times this morning and it just kept hanging up on me. I was thinking the same thing with the number it says. I don't know how quickly that is updated though.

OP
OP
JPat86

JPat86

Forum Lieutenant
I tried to call a couple times this morning and it just kept hanging up on me. I was thinking the same thing with the number it says. I don't know how quickly that is updated though.

I was told by someone I did the process that im keeping in touch with; who called his investigator and they said they will start to call the first week of September. However, one of my partners who has finished everything like I did called her investigator and she told me her investigator said they are calling tye last weeknof August and the first week of September only so they can give you enough time to put in your two weeks and to go for IDs and uniform fittings... so I dont know...

Last edited by a moderator:

EMTVeg

Forum Captain
I was told by someone I did the process that im keeping in touch with; who called his investigator and they said they will start to call the first week of September. However, one of my partners who has finished everything like I did called her investigator and she told me her investigator said they are calling tye last weeknof August and the first week of September only so they can give you enough time to put in your two weeks and to go for IDs and uniform fittings... so I dont know...
Yeah it has to start next week if it doesn't start this week.

EMTVeg

Forum Captain

I am a little nervous because my employer wants 30 days notice but I obviously am not going to be able to give that. Not much they can do though. It isn't like I signed a contract. Just really crossing my fingers they get into the 300's

OP
OP
JPat86

JPat86

Forum Lieutenant
I am a little nervous because my employer wants 30 days notice but I obviously am not going to be able to give that. Not much they can do though. It isn't like I signed a contract. Just really crossing my fingers they get into the 300's

With this class thats starting September they will most likely stop mid 300s

Ryan815

Forum Lieutenant
Does anyone know if when you go to the medical do they make you blow into a tube to test your lung capacity? When I was a volunteer I had to do it and was just barely able to pass it. Just wondering if anyone could give me some insight.

you have to do it every year when you are a member of FDNY. The medical you do when you get on the job is the same one you do yearly at metro tech. Yes I agree, it was difficult for me as well, but you'll get through it!!

OP
OP
JPat86

JPat86

Forum Lieutenant
you have to do it every year when you are a member of FDNY. The medical you do when you get on the job is the same one you do yearly at metro tech. Yes I agree, it was difficult for me as well, but you'll get through it!!

You dont have to wear the vest every year. Only the initial "hiring" test