FDNY EMS Candidates

I Hate Milk

Forum Probie
I think youre gonna be good man. A LOT of people failed that stairmaster and I had no idea until recently. I was one of the last ones to go in my whole group so i had no idea. From what I am hearing all over, including this group here, MANY have failed. Then you have to put into play all of the other aspects that would disqualify a candidate...including the medical, background check, pending charges, medical, physical and im sure much more. Stay optimistic because I think we are going to dip into the mid 300s if I were to guess.

EMTVeg

Forum Captain
I think youre gonna be good man. A LOT of people failed that stairmaster and I had no idea until recently. I was one of the last ones to go in my whole group so i had no idea. From what I am hearing all over, including this group here, MANY have failed. Then you have to put into play all of the other aspects that would disqualify a candidate...including the medical, background check, pending charges, medical, physical and im sure much more. Stay optimistic because I think we are going to dip into the mid 300s if I were to guess.

Hawt, I will definitely let you all know. When the guy said he was reviewing my file but wasn't my new investigator I definitely got excited!

OP
OP
JPat86

JPat86

Forum Lieutenant
I thought verifying your employment is the beginning step after your investigation?

EmtMacho

Forum Crew Member
Hi guys I have a difficult choice and need a little help. I had my physical set on June , 23 but I had to reschedule as I was admitted to the ER. I called FDNY and was told to email them the information ,after months of emailing them almost everyday I gave up. I enrolled into medic school and start Sept 3,but just last week FDNY called and tells me they got my request and I'll be one of the first to test in beginning week of Sept.

So now I don't know what to do, I took out a loan for my paramedic program. I don't want to lose this opportunity with FDNY but I really want to be a medic. Do guys know which class I be eligible for? I know that the Sept and January classes are probably booked, so when be the next class after that.

Ryan815

Forum Lieutenant
If I were you I would continue the process with FDNY and attend medic school as well. The process for FDNY isn't necessarily to demanding. I'm not sure which classes have been filled. I'm pretty sure FDNY somehow helps you gain your medic cert if you want to be one for them. Also if you get your medic and remac cert you can re-apply as a medic for FDNY maybe next time around? Sorry bro, just a few suggestions. Hope everything works out.

OP
OP
JPat86

JPat86

Forum Lieutenant
Hi guys I have a difficult choice and need a little help. I had my physical set on June , 23 but I had to reschedule as I was admitted to the ER. I called FDNY and was told to email them the information ,after months of emailing them almost everyday I gave up. I enrolled into medic school and start Sept 3,but just last week FDNY called and tells me they got my request and I'll be one of the first to test in beginning week of Sept.

So now I don't know what to do, I took out a loan for my paramedic program. I don't want to lose this opportunity with FDNY but I really want to be a medic. Do guys know which class I be eligible for? I know that the Sept and January classes are probably booked, so when be the next class after that.

They are putting 3 classes through within these next 6 months. Its up to you. Fdny pays for your medic program so your saving money right there. Also if you get into the program are you guaranteed a job out of class? With fdny you get medic school paid for and you have job security.

EMTVeg

Forum Captain
They are putting 3 classes through within these next 6 months. Its up to you. Fdny pays for your medic program so your saving money right there. Also if you get into the program are you guaranteed a job out of class? With fdny you get medic school paid for and you have job security.

How you know this? When are the next three classes?

phoppey

Forum Crew Member
Does anyone know if when you go to the medical do they make you blow into a tube to test your lung capacity? When I was a volunteer I had to do it and was just barely able to pass it. Just wondering if anyone could give me some insight.

EMTVeg

Forum Captain
Does anyone know if when you go to the medical do they make you blow into a tube to test your lung capacity? When I was a volunteer I had to do it and was just barely able to pass it. Just wondering if anyone could give me some insight.

They do, you get 8 tries to get 3 similar patterns. Just blow as hard as you can.