FDNY EMS Candidates

I got my score last month and it was wrong. I did not get any of my work or training credits. I sent a letter to dcas about it after I called them. They said expect a new score in 4 to 6 months. If my current list number is 8xx do you this I could start the process before I get my new score and do you think a new score will really help??

If the score is low enough it might help a lot. The 800's have some time before they start so might be very beneficial for you.

I saw someone fail the stairmaster, i felt bad for her. Then some big dude came off it, around the corner and puked inn the trash can lol. Then he almost passed out cause he over exerted himself on the arm pull. Took Lt Russell bout 7 minutes to get the get the guy off the floor and convince him too drink some water.

The stairmaster was easy for me, I got lightheaded on the bicycle thing, I started out fast and strong but by the end I was turning it slowly because I overexerted my self in the beginning, I'm sure I passed, but I'll be 100% Tuesday, the pocket isn't that bad either. I'm guessing the intake will be in a month or so

The stairmaster was easy for me, I got lightheaded on the bicycle thing, I started out fast and strong but by the end I was turning it slowly because I overexerted my self in the beginning, I'm sure I passed, but I'll be 100% Tuesday, the pocket isn't that bad either. I'm guessing the intake will be in a month or so

That's the same thing that happened to me. I didn't even get winded or break a seat on the stairmill. Spent the whole time talking to the guy and was overbefore i knew out started. The bike on the other hand lol, started getting sore just past a minute, fought the last 15 seconds. A month sounds about right.

Hey all

I have a question for people that did the PAT this weekend. I made a mistake with my list # on earlier post in this thread. For some reason I had it in my head that I was in the 240's turned out I was in the 270's I have no idea why I had that in my head.

Can anyone 100% confirm that the people that were testing today were up to the 300's. I have seen a couple people say this but not sure if they were certain. I never received a letter and have had zero luck trying to get in touch with anyone from the FDNY to get a confirmation.

I am hoping that they just did up to 250.

Hey all

I have a question for people that did the PAT this weekend. I made a mistake with my list # on earlier post in this thread. For some reason I had it in my head that I was in the 240's turned out I was in the 270's I have no idea why I had that in my head.

Can anyone 100% confirm that the people that were testing today were up to the 300's. I have seen a couple people say this but not sure if they were certain. I never received a letter and have had zero luck trying to get in touch with anyone from the FDNY to get a confirmation.

I am hoping that they just did up to 250.

My friend there was high 25X

Had my physical on Saturday and going to call Tuesday to confirm as well. Yeah the arm machine was so brutal, everything else was pretty easy. I wish I had one of those machines to train on. I felt like I cut it close with the RPMs but I think I did fine. Filling out the packet now, and the hardest part is figuring out my past jobs and start/end dates. I hope to see you guys/gals in the academy!

Last edited by a moderator:
Had my physical on Saturday and going to call Tuesday to confirm as well. Yeah the arm machine was so brutal, everything else was pretty easy. I wish I had one of those machines to train on. I felt like I cut it close with the RPMs but I think I did fine. Filling out the packet now, and the hardest part is figuring out my past jobs and start/end dates. I hope to see you guys/gals in the academy!

I read on one of the earlier posts that putting month and year is fine, they don't expect you to know exact day, especially if the job was 10 years ago lol.

How many RPM's did they require? If I'm not mistaken, I remember the guage being around 5 and 6

And the packet doesn't seem so bad, I thought it would be bigger, standard application.

Good luck on Tuesday, we call the 718 999 FDNY number to find out, is it through the automated system?

How many RPM's did they require? If I'm not mistaken, I remember the guage being around 5 and 6

And the packet doesn't seem so bad, I thought it would be bigger, standard application.

Good luck on Tuesday, we call the 718 999 FDNY number to find out, is it through the automated system?

You had to do 110 in 2 minutes. It was tougher than I thought it was going to be, that's for sure. From what I've heard they would have told you right there if you didn't make the cut. But I'm not 100% sure how true that is.

The packet isn't so bad, like I said it's just the job history is hardest part if you can't remember all the jobs you've had over the last 10 years.

Thanks man, and good luck to you too! I'm not sure what the phone line will be. But I can guarantee that it's going to get slammed at 10am lol.

You had to do 110 in 2 minutes. It was tougher than I thought it was going to be, that's for sure. From what I've heard they would have told you right there if you didn't make the cut. But I'm not 100% sure how true that is.

The packet isn't so bad, like I said it's just the job history is hardest part if you can't remember all the jobs you've had over the last 10 years.

Thanks man, and good luck to you too! I'm not sure what the phone line will be. But I can guarantee that it's going to get slammed at 10am lol.

I'm gonna feel bad for em if it's not an automated line lol. Our you were going good pin the Argyll bike then they just cheered you on. Good job, keep it up, doing great. Of you weren't doing so great it was pick it up, come on, work harder, speed it up. If you only got positive encouragement then i take it we all did fine. Can't wait ta see if you guys get confirmed, was anyone there @ 8a? Just didn't know if i was the only 8a appointment here.

Once you get the detailed earning statement it should show all your jobs and time periods

I see the detailed earning statement costs $102?

Is that right?

Does anyone know a location in nyc that gives those out? I know some don't and I don't want to order online

Thanks in advance

The office I went to is in canarsie Brooklyn . Rockaway parkway

You got it the same day, and how much was it. Money order or cash?

Thanks.

I just called the social security office and the lady said I would have to mail out a forum and wait a few weeks to get something back. I'm going to try and stop by the office and see if they can give me something right there.

And yeah stitch, I was there at 8am Saturday!

I just called the social security office and the lady said I would have to mail out a forum and wait a few weeks to get something back. I'm going to try and stop by the office and see if they can give me something right there.

And yeah stitch, I was there at 8am Saturday!

I was the 12th one, leader that's what the scoring sheet said lol. How far back were you?

Back