1. Tired of seeing ads? Click here to register today and the ads go away. It's completely FREE, too!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Can't find what you're looking for? Use the search bar in the upper right corner.
    Dismiss Notice

FDNY EMS Candidates

Discussion in 'EMS Employment' started by JPat86, Mar 11, 2013.

1. Matt556

Matt556 Forum Probie

Education:
    AEMT
    I know the current class graduates october 4th so im assuming calls will go out a week or two after

Dreamybluesky and emt117 like this.
  2. emt117

emt117 Forum Lieutenant

Thank you

3. bigtimecards

bigtimecards Forum Probie

Education:
    EMT
    Today at medicals they said Oct 15 half trainee half emt

4. AspiringFDNYEMT

AspiringFDNYEMT Forum Crew Member

Education:
    Student
    Has any one investigators or any professional staff from FDNY Headquarters advised any one of the start date for the next upcoming EMT Academy?

ALSO Any Guys currently in the academy at fort Totten on here to tell us the experience any and every bit of info you have to offer?

Dreamybluesky likes this.
  5. AspiringFDNYEMT

Education:
    Student
    Who are “THEY” your referring too?

6. emtbluefloor

emtbluefloor Forum Ride Along

Education:
    Student
    Listen to instructions well, read your materials every night, and take pride in your uniform. Doing those things will help you tremendously in the academy.

Dreamybluesky likes this.
  7. CXXI

CXXI Forum Ride Along

Education:
    EMT
    I am filling out my medical papers now and was wondering if you’ve had broken bones in the past can that effect pressing forward? Also that section with alcohol chemicals etc. I don’t want it to come off wrong but I want to be honest can anyone give any light on how that’s reflected ? Thank you

8. AspiringFDNYEMT

Education:
    Student
    Any Trainees from Exam 7014 that recently took the state certification this pass Wednesday the 25th? If so how was it? What were some of the questions?

9. AspiringFDNYEMT

Education:
    Student
    Disregard last I hear it’s August 16th

10. RR1991

RR1991 Forum Probie

Education:
    EMT
    Are the class schedules from7am-11am and 3pm-11pm? And do you get to pick which one you attend ?

11. CXXI

CXXI Forum Ride Along

Education:
    EMT
    I received a traffic ticket just now and my CPD was prolonged to refill out and bringing it in in two days for my medical pysch. Do I put this one down after everything was already finalized and notarized ?

12. Cenzo22

Cenzo22 Forum Crew Member

Education:
    EMT
    Classes are 7am-3pm and 3pm-11pm. And you get a choice when you are called. Tour 2 or tour 3

13. TheMedicLife

TheMedicLife Forum Captain

Education:
    Paramedic
    ASAP yup

14. JosephTent

JosephTent Forum Crew Member

Exam 8009 list 100X anyone get their letter for their interview date yet?

15. JosephTent

Would you happen to know if i'll be called? EXAM NO. 8009 List #100X . Just spoke to DCAS to call about my interview date since I never received my date yet, when I was at my physical the supervisor investigator told the entire room that we should expect our interviews in August. I called DCAS and they said that I should expect it in a few weeks (then again he said that's just his guess). Just a little worried I guess...

16. TheMedicLife

TheMedicLife Forum Captain

Education:
    Paramedic

Honestly about being called I Have no idea, Haven't been on this site for a minute, so don't even know what test number they are up to. I think they have a class graduating soon ? not sure. My buddy is in the medic program now and when they do rotations with us is how I know what's going on at Fort Totten.

But for sure any changes ad I mean any changes Like job change, traffic infractions etc you have to let your investigator know asap as it can hinder you getting on the job.

17. JosephTent

My co-worker just got called for his interview his list number is 8XX. Hopefully I get a letter in the next couple of weeks...

TheMedicLife likes this.
  18. bigtimecards

bigtimecards Forum Probie

Education:
    EMT
    Wondering if someone with some experience can shed some light on where i may be at. Finished the process about a month ago, had intake about 2.5 months ago. Had all my papers in that day and never had to go back to see my investigator. Was on not outstanding of as last week and havent heard anything besides doing my medical and psych last month. Then my investigator emailed me for more residency stuff this past friday. Could they just be behind on reviewing peoples files or is it just like a last minute thing? Fwiw dcas automated system isnt working for me to see if i moved from not outstanding to back to outstanding

19. JosephTent

Interview date September 14th! Any advice on filling out the CPD?

20. AspiringFDNYEMT

Education:
    Student
    Which Exam are u from ?