FDNY EMS Candidates

lukgiel

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
For the two people here who received a call, was it your investigator or someone else who called you?

DFD338

Forum Lieutenant
For the two people here who received a call, was it your investigator or someone else who called you?

Peggy Quinn called me. She said she was going to email me a whole bunch of stuff so I'm still waiting on that to come in. Hopefully the email will answer a lot of my questions

lukgiel

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
Gotcha.

steven9d3

Forum Crew Member
Promo test is given same time as the open competitive and I would assume the test will be given some time before the current list expire due to grading the new test which takes 8 months to a year and process canadaintes for upcoming Fire classes

Ttperez40

Forum Crew Member
Any clue how long we have to stay as emds before we can transfer to the streets?? I know I may not have much choice but I hope we can get out if we really don't like it...

lukgiel

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
Any clue how long we have to stay as emds before we can transfer to the streets?? I know I may not have much choice but I hope we can get out if we really don't like it...

I heard probationary period is a year, also you can file for a transfer the first day you're there. They will delay your paperwork since they need dispatchers. They can't hold you forever

lukgiel

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
I heard probationary period is a year, also you can file for a transfer the first day you're there. They will delay your paperwork since they need dispatchers. They can't hold you forever
Scratch that, it's two years

lukgiel

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
Also, happy new years everyone

Mugs89

Forum Captain
Happy New Years, I guess we can say with confidence that we're all going to be employees within the the year.

And don't forget this message board when your in the academy. We demand updates!

lukgiel

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
Happy New Years, I guess we can say with confidence that we're all going to be employees within the the year.

And don't forget this message board when your in the academy. We demand updates!

What message board ?

DFD338

Forum Lieutenant

I already forgot it

mr6890

Forum Probie
so if the next academies are all EMD and 1 50/50, when are they going to have the next full class of all regular road emts?

lukgiel

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
so if the next academies are all EMD and 1 50/50, when are they going to have the next full class of all regular road emts?

In every class a small group goes to emd, but those people select it on the sheet, instead of a battalion, they pick emd

Next academy might be April

Mugs89

Forum Captain
The next one has to be April. Everything Peggy has said, has been true so far. January, February, and April.

Maybe this is the silver lining with a high number. I really want to be outside so EMD wouldn't be for me. But at the same time I wouldn't turn down these upcoming academies for that reason.

DFD338

Forum Lieutenant
For those that got the call did the attachments from the email work.because the ones I got did not work

lukgiel

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
For those that got the call did the attachments from the email work.because the ones I got did not work

Do you have the right program to open them? .word, .PDF etc?

lukgiel

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
Does anyone know if they take the whole two weeks to make calls or they are usually done in a few days

lukgiel

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
Yeah I had Adobe open it. It was missing one page from one and the other attachment was missing everything

Do you have Peggy's number? Call her back and have her re send it

DFD338

Forum Lieutenant
Do you have Peggy's number? Call her back and have her re send it

By the time I got it last night it was after office hours. And I think they're closed today because when I called no one picked up any of the lines