FDNY EMS Candidates

DFD338

Forum Lieutenant
Let's have a vote and see what the majority says

Night class - pro, no traffic to and from the class.
Night classes are usually more relaxed
Con - won't have much life in the day.
Parking at the academy will suck, you have yo wait for the morning class to leave

Day class - pro - all the parking you can dream of
Con - morning rush hour traffic.

I'd rather do night, I'm a night person, my vote is for night

I agree with you. I'm probably going to pick night if I ever get called. I work overnights now so I'm used to working nights. Plus 3-11 still leaves you time to go out after if you want without having to worry about getting up early for class.

lukgiel

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
Yup. Lately all my tours have been 19:00 - 07:00.
I like the nights.

We need to find a bar open that late.

You'll make it, it's all waiting

SenorRojer

Forum Crew Member
Just a update. Got my Psych on 1/10/14

kettlebell

Rocket Surgeon
List # 10xx finished the medical, psych on the 10th. Just curious why I received 6 copies of my lab results in 6 different envelopes, any ideas?

I never received any lab results after my medical. Is this a thing? Did everyone else receive their results as well?

SenorRojer

Forum Crew Member
I never received any lab results after my medical. Is this a thing? Did everyone else receive their results as well?
Yep i received mine Monday. But with only one copy. The second page said my results are in acceptable limits. It says you just get a copy to share with your Physician if you want.

IFR

Forum Crew Member
Just got the call. Three classes. January 12th (All EMD), January 26th (All EMD), and February 9th (50/50). They let you pick.

kettlebell

Rocket Surgeon
Just got the call. Three classes. January 12th (All EMD), January 26th (All EMD), and February 9th (50/50). They let you pick.
So what you are telling is that the first two academies are strictly dispatchers (EMD) and then the third is a 50/50 mix of EMTs and dispatchers? I knew that FDNY needed dispatchers but that seems like an a lot to me.

Mugs89

Forum Captain
One of the FDNY EMT's at my volly said there starting to bolster up the force. Phasing out the need for the hospitals and volunteer. It looks like they're doing just that.

lukgiel

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
Come on guys if you say you got a call for the academy, give us your list # so the rest knows where they stand

DFD338

Forum Lieutenant
Just got the call. Took Jan 12, 3-11. Every academy is EMD right no . List number 17x

lukgiel

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
Two of my friends also got called, not sure what their list numbers are. We can expect more calls to go out after new years,

lukgiel

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member

DFD338

Forum Lieutenant

Thanks. WHEN you get the call, what date are you picking? She said its better to pick the 12th because it goes from EMT academy to EMD school to working. With the 24th its EMD school then EMT academy later.

DFD338

Forum Lieutenant
[QUOTE="Robin25689, post: 557213, member: 26013]DFD so that means that you are going to do EMD?[/quote]

Yeah, but the next 3 academies are all EMD

IFR

Forum Crew Member
After talking with Peggy Quinn, EMD doesn't sound bad at all. Especially if your goals involve promoting to fire.

My list number was above 100 on list 3024.

I did not get numbers on how many would be in each class, but it is possible the first two classes of strictly EMD will be small classes.