Faith / Is there a place for God in EMS?

piranah

Forum Captain
I believe that as a patient passes...It was for a reason and it was their time to go...and even if we can't see a reason, theres one....even if it happens so that we know how to deal with it differently next time....all i know is when a PT passes with a chronic disease or even from an acute one they'd be better off "upstairs". than living out the desease here.....idk maybe im just idiotic but it seems to work....

firecoins

IFT Puppet

bled12345

Forum Crew Member
I'm a devout atheist, the common sense and logic have helped me to rationalize many difficult things in my life.

wexlerk13

Forum Probie
when it comes to this topic, i am a christian (episcopalian to be exact), however, no matter what religion you are each has a belief system that can help in any troubling time.

In my religion it is my faith and piety that gets me through the hard calls. Especially as a corpsmen in the Navy (oversee's "calls"). If you use your piety to become close to God (*or whatever you worship) when you are off duty, it will allow you to have faith that God* is watching over you and your patients.

Not sure if it helps but this is a little prayer i say before i would go out on calls or patrols(military). It's a mix of some of my favorite prayers/psalms, it may be a little corny, but it gets me through the day just fine.

Lord, grant me the strength to do the work you have given me to do, allow me to work miracles through your name, watch over my crew, my patients, and myself as i set forth to walk through the shadow of the valley of death and I shall fear no evil for i KNOW thou art with me. Amen.
if all else fails...........pray

firecoins

IFT Puppet
I'm a devout atheist, the common sense and logic have helped me to rationalize many difficult things in my life.

Its true!!! I am not alone! High Five!

rmellish

Forum Captain

Can I join the club too? We could meet each Sunday. B)

Thats pretty much how I see things. I've seen enough that I've decided that there's no one in charge of this unscripted variety show known as life.

Anomalous

Forum Lieutenant
A devout atheist?

Dictionary.com Unabridged (v 1.1) - Cite This Source - Share This
de·vout Audio Help /dɪˈvaʊt/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[di-vout] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–adjective, -er, -est. 1. devoted to divine worship or service; pious; religious: a devout Catholic. :rolleyes:

firecoins

IFT Puppet
oooh you got us.:rolleyes:

firecoins

IFT Puppet

rmellish

Forum Captain
what if you don't believe in Satan?

"Perhaps that's why men invented God--a being capable of understanding" - Graham Greene

I don't pretend to understand why things happen. I'll focus on the how, its certainly easier.

Wow, this has become a bit of an atheism thread hasn't it?

CFRBryan347768

Forum Captain
Whats it called when you think every thing happened scientifically(my appologies probally spelled wrong)?

CFRBryan347768

Forum Captain

Jango

Forum Crew Member
Whats it called when you think every thing happened scientifically(my appologies probally spelled wrong)?

Would that be Scientology? Not sure if thats what you meant, it's the first thing that came to mind.

And a topic thread on anything religion related is going to hurt some feeling and be prone to being hijacked....

CFRBryan347768

Forum Captain
Would that be Scientology? Not sure if thats what you meant, it's the first thing that came to mind.

And a topic thread on anything religion related is going to hurt some feeling and be prone to being hijacked....

I'm not to sure...but that seems the most ersonable to me, i like an explanation for everything

rmellish

Forum Captain

I'd like to think that everyone would be able to share their ideas, but still be willing to accept that others may have different ones.

I'm just not seeing the problem here I guess.

firecoins

IFT Puppet
"Perhaps that's why men invented God--a being capable of understanding" - Graham Greene

I don't pretend to understand why things happen. I'll focus on the how, its certainly easier.

Wow, this has become a bit of an atheism thread hasn't it?

unfortanately