Eyeballing

got_shoes

Forum Crew Member
This is a new one...vodka eyeballing, young people are drinking in a new way by putting vodka directly into the eye. along with snorting bourbon. I just dont understand where this stuff comes from.....:unsure::unsure:

Veneficus

Forum Chief
This is a new one...vodka eyeballing, young people are drinking in a new way by putting vodka directly into the eye. along with snorting bourbon. I just dont understand where this stuff comes from.....:unsure::unsure:

Not really new.

Somebody many years ago apparently started telling people that if you absorbed alcohol through a mucous membrane it wouldn't be detectable on a breathalizer. (Obviously that is not true)

So teenagers started pouring the alcohol into their rectums.

Not sure what is going on with people these days.

Lifeguards For Life

Forum Deputy Chief
Not really new.

Somebody many years ago apparently started telling people that if you absorbed alcohol through a mucous membrane it wouldn't be detectable on a breathalizer. (Obviously that is not true)

So teenagers started pouring the alcohol into their rectums.

Not sure what is going on with people these days.

we once had a patient with a tampon, soaked in vodka in his rectum.

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
Not sure where it comes from? An absolute basic understand of human physiology.

There's also liquefied heroin that is surfacing more in some areas, where kids put it in Visine eye drop bottles.

OP
OP
G

got_shoes

Forum Crew Member
I have heard all about the tampon method. also rather strange.

Linuss thanks for the heads up on that heroin with the eye drops. that is also very good to know.

Fox

Forum Crew Member

:wacko: filthy

firecoins

IFT Puppet
I used the tampon method once a month. Than I forgot once and I have been late to the party ever since.

Teenagers stanging in someone's backyard pouring alcohol up each other's butts. Its a funny image.

Last edited by a moderator:

MusicMedic

Forum Captain

Wouldnt that Burn horribly? ouchhhh

OP
OP
G

got_shoes

Forum Crew Member
yeah, the warning is that it could burn the eye. someone in the article said it was like getting soap in your eyes....I try not to do that on purpose.

medichopeful

Flight RN/Paramedic
yeah, the warning is that it could burn the eye. someone in the article said it was like getting soap in your eyes....I try not to do that on purpose.

If there's an article on this could you post it so that we/I can learn more about it?

GoldenBeaR6

Forum Probie
I had a friend snort vodka one time. He woke up in the middle of the night with a bloody pillow from a nasty nosebleed. Good times.

EMSLaw

Legal Beagle
If there's an article on this could you post it so that we/I can learn more about it?

We realize you're in college, but is this something you /really/ want to be experimenting with? ;)

Anyhow, anyone who's watched "Manswers" on Spike can tell you that the rectal method is a quick way to get drunk, and to die from alcohol poisoning. Same with nebulizing it.

medichopeful

Flight RN/Paramedic
We realize you're in college, but is this something you /really/ want to be experimenting with? ;)

Hey if I'm going to do it I should do it right :p

No but in all seriousness this could very well be something that I run into (on the campus while working. I honestly don't drink). I would like to read up on it so I can better understand the physiological effects, signs/symptoms, etc.

Of course, the fact that I don't drink doesn't keep me from getting drunk ;)

I kidd I kidd.

medicRob

Forum Deputy Chief
OP
OP
G

got_shoes

Forum Crew Member
the article came from ems1.com you could also check out you tube guess there are a lot of videos on there about this very strange practice. I havent seen any actual articles discussing the medical aspects. but it cant be good

MrBrown

Forum Deputy Chief
probably some crazy partying method from the Czech Republic those guys party hard in Prague ... and they have doctor based ambulances who wear awesome jumpsuits :D

adf.sized.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

alphatrauma

Forum Captain

Rob123

Forum Crew Member

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
Right up there with mainlining mayonaise and peantbutter.

With all due respect (very little), I wish that people stupid enough to do this sort of ignorant caca de toro would get out of the way and let the rest of the productive and responsible people continue the species. NO smiley face here.

I mean it. A six year old knows better than to do something like that. If anything, experiencing the effects of a nonpolar, basic solvent on a mucous membrane ought to make people think twice about drinking the stuff. It just gets harder to make intelligent decisons when you have been drinking a neurotoxin and maybe doing some other inebriants.

Oh, and the alcohol soaked tampon deal was on a humorous CSI a few years ago (Katie Sagal's chacter). Thanks Mr Bruckheimer.