Experience with Hall Ambulance?

elshion

Forum Probie
Anything other than sun, sun, and more sun?

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
I remember the end of September to when I got laid off at the end of November it was cool and foggy in the central valley.

VentMonkey

Family Guy
Snow??!!!!!
IMG_0452.JPG

Yeah...snow.

VentMonkey

Family Guy
Holy s**t....bear in mind, on the other side of the hills here we barely even get rain
Yes, @gonefishing and I are both well aware. This past year was gorgeous, but the previous 3-5 hadn't seen too much rain (or snow) fall over here. When they're blanketed the Tehachapi and Frazier Mountains are quite majestic.

RocketMedic

Californian, Lost in Texas
Wait there's snow in Kern County this time of year?????

VentMonkey

Family Guy
Lol, no I was implying we only have two seasons because the natives like to joke that it goes from winter to summer (cold to hot) in a day with no spring or fall mixed in.

The reality for me is, being a nearly 30 year Angelino, I've never experienced the four full seasons of the year until we moved up here.

Medidep41

Forum Ride Along
I have been a paramedic for 27 years. I worked for Hall part time from 2001 to 2013. It is an outstanding company. Mr. Hall runs a very tight ship but it is very professional. They pay well, take care of their employees, and have a great area to work.

Medidep41

Forum Ride Along
I've done some looking into Hall, and even seen them around once or twice down here in LA. Yes that's exactly what I mean lol Ive spoken with other emt's on how their company is great and has good equipment. Hell even McCormick upped their game with their sweet new rigs(even if they still pay the minimum). Seems to me that Hall is offering that "full package deal", (911 coverage, decent pay, benefits, medic school sponsorship). A 2 hours drive, or even a relocation might be worth it long term. I suppose my questions are more geared towards things such as rumors that they don't take kindly to aspiring FF or even expect their field employees to commit long term to the company.

Fierce loyalty isn't something that's synonymous with ems. Which is why I ask, what about Hall makes their emt's/medics love working for them? I mean damn, I want in on this cult!! lol grab me an orange patch and shave my head!

Gobble gooble one of.....ahhhh!!
Like many places, Fire EMS is always trying to take over. It works both ways. Hall is definitely an EMS organization that wants to remain separate from Fire. But thats all. They just like their reputation as being the leader in EMS

RocketMedic

Californian, Lost in Texas
If I had to move to CA...

NPO

Forum Deputy Chief
Actually wheres NPO? I'm for anything NOT rm, amr or some fly by night weird named ambulance company. To the op good luck. Theirs alot of Hall people around like the world famous Ventmonkey.
d78df5660d3241cf4edd901a25844db6.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
Here I am.

One of us. One of... *Sigh*

Lol.

Hall is still the best thing for serious EMTs and Medics in Central or Southern California.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

SAREMT

Forum Probie
I have fantasies of leaving my fire aspirations behind and working for Hall just looking at these forums.

TheComebacKid

Forum Crew Member
@gonefishing does hall Ambulance have a residency requirement? I applied as an EMT like three years ago but I was gung ho about fire back then (prob why they said no) and told them I wanted to stay in Santa Clarita, they told me they wanted me to move to Bakersfield. I hopefully will be getting my paramedic card in janurary and was looking into applying for Hall Again, But I currently live in chatsworth and don't want to move.

gonefishing

Forum Deputy Chief
@gonefishing does hall Ambulance have a residency requirement? I applied as an EMT like three years ago but I was gung ho about fire back then (prob why they said no) and told them I wanted to stay in Santa Clarita, they told me they wanted me to move to Bakersfield. I hopefully will be getting my paramedic card in janurary and was looking into applying for Hall Again, But I currently live in chatsworth and don't want to move.
Pm sent

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk