Enova Med Transport in LA

gonefishing

Forum Deputy Chief
Yeah, for sure. I've applied with "the big 5" but have yet to hear back from any of them so I'm looking for a job to kill time until then.
If you got experience try medics on the ball its a stand by company or symons ambulance. There will probably be hirings in the fall when school starts and people go part time. Don't feed the monster stay away from dialysis companys.

LACoGurneyjockey

Forum Asst. Chief
Ha, another Medics on the Ball, thought I was the only one. But pretty sure OP is brand new and they've only been hiring 2+ years experience lately.
To answer your question, a small dialysis company won't look bad, and any experience is valuable when you're starting out.
But don't get comfortable there. Don't stop looking for a better job because you've got a steady paycheck now. IFT companies, especially the shady ones, will always pay better than 911 because that's the only way to get and keep employees. If you got into this for the money, you sir made a minor error in calculations.
But take what you can get, get your feet wet, just keep making linear progress.
I'll keep pushing it because we really need people, but Liberty Ambulance in Ridgecrest is a great place to get experience and we're currently hiring EMTs.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
E

emtguy56

Forum Probie
If you got experience try medics on the ball its a stand by company or symons ambulance. There will probably be hirings in the fall when school starts and people go part time. Don't feed the monster stay away from dialysis companys.

I don't have any experience, and that's the problem. I'm applying everywhere I can and have submitted over 20 applications this week.

Chris07

Competent in Incompetence
IFT companies, especially the shady ones, will always pay better than 911 because that's the only way to get and keep employees.

Not true at all. I'm making over $3 more an hour at a 911 company than I did running dialysis calls for an IFT company.

OP
OP
E

emtguy56

Forum Probie
Ha, another Medics on the Ball, thought I was the only one. But pretty sure OP is brand new and they've only been hiring 2+ years experience lately.
To answer your question, a small dialysis company won't look bad, and any experience is valuable when you're starting out.
But don't get comfortable there. Don't stop looking for a better job because you've got a steady paycheck now. IFT companies, especially the shady ones, will always pay better than 911 because that's the only way to get and keep employees. If you got into this for the money, you sir made a minor error in calculations.
But take what you can get, get your feet wet, just keep making linear progress.
I'll keep pushing it because we really need people, but Liberty Ambulance in Ridgecrest is a great place to get experience and we're currently hiring EMTs.

That's what I'm thinking. Work dialysis ONLY while I'm looking into securing a better job. I thought it would be a good way to get experience with patients, filling out paperwork and working with other EMT's until something better comes along. I sent an email for an application to the address for Liberty you mentioned on your thread, haven't heard anything back yet. Is there a website I can apply on/ a number I can call?

LACoGurneyjockey

Forum Asst. Chief
Not true at all. I'm making over $3 more an hour at a 911 company than I did running dialysis calls for an IFT company.

Fair enough. But that really depends on the area. Mccormick will pay you 9/hr, Care will pay 10.50 I believe, AMR offered me 10.50 when I applied. I made 11 at my first dialysis place, 13 at another, 11 at another, and now I'm making 9/hr running 911 in a great system.

OP, no website, this is small town. But they'll get back to you before too long. How long has it been since you put in your apps everywhere. Give it a week, call and follow up, give it a week, rinse and repeat. That approach works for just about anywhere.

OP
OP
E

emtguy56

Forum Probie
Fair enough. But that really depends on the area. Mccormick will pay you 9/hr, Care will pay 10.50 I believe, AMR offered me 10.50 when I applied. I made 11 at my first dialysis place, 13 at another, 11 at another, and now I'm making 9/hr running 911 in a great system.

OP, no website, this is small town. But they'll get back to you before too long. How long has it been since you put in your apps everywhere. Give it a week, call and follow up, give it a week, rinse and repeat. That approach works for just about anywhere.

It's been almost a week. I'll start making follow up phone calls early this week. I'm applying for Hall currently and this is a posted requirement "Valid & current Kern County Licensure as an Emergency Medical Technician". Hos does one get this?

LACoGurneyjockey

Forum Asst. Chief
That's out of date. Kern county recognizes the CA state card. Give them a call and confirm if you'd like. The only county specific licensure in Kern is for Paramedics.
I've worked in Kern county for almost a year, with my CA state card. The only people who have county EMT cards are the ones who've been around since before that was changed.

BASICallyEMT

Forum Lieutenant
Premium Member

I get paid more now running at a 911 than I did doing IFT in LA.. But, unlike LA its hard to get OT. Instead of 120 hours a paycheck its more like 90.

OP
OP
E

emtguy56

Forum Probie
That's out of date. Kern county recognizes the CA state card. Give them a call and confirm if you'd like. The only county specific licensure in Kern is for Paramedics.
I've worked in Kern county for almost a year, with my CA state card. The only people who have county EMT cards are the ones who've been around since before that was changed.

Thanks, good to know. Do you live near/in Kern County or commute? Are there many people commuting from LA?

LACoGurneyjockey

Forum Asst. Chief
I get paid more now running at a 911 than I did doing IFT in LA.. But, unlike LA its hard to get OT. Instead of 120 hours a paycheck its more like 90.

90 hours a paycheck? Try 90 hours a week.
OP, I commuted from north hollywood for a few months, then found out I really liked small town country a whole lot better than LA and moved up here. The commute is doable, but it starts to wear on you before too long.

NPO

Forum Deputy Chief
Thanks, good to know. Do you live near/in Kern County or commute? Are there many people commuting from LA?
I work in Kern county. There are many people commuting. One coworker comes from Riverside county on the grayhound. $8/one way and has a place to stay here for 4 days while he works. Not bad.

NPO

Forum Deputy Chief
That's incorrect. To get hired you only need your state (and any additional certs required by the company like ACLS, etc).
Once you are hired you will need to get a county card sponsored by your employer. I just did this a few months ago. If you get hired by hall they drive you over help with all the paperwork etc. Its about $50 if I recall. They don't pay for it directly but the other benefits make it worth it.