EMT - Intermediate fast track.

EMS25

Forum Crew Member
Normally I don't like fast track schools but a friend of mine needs to do his intermediate as fast as he can. We looked on the Internet but we couldn't find anything. Does anybody know a program? There is a lot out there for basics, so there must be some for intermediates. Thanks

MusicMedic

Forum Captain
Where are they located?

In CA there aren't really any schools that teach Intermediate, there are i believe only two in the whole state and they are both in Rural NorCal

JPINFV

Gadfly
Where are they located?

In CA there aren't really any schools that teach Intermediate, there are i believe only two in the whole state and they are both in Rural NorCal

Also to note, very few counties in California recognize EMT-Intermediates (EMT-IIs).

alphatrauma

Forum Captain
Also to note, very few counties in California recognize EMT-Intermediates (EMT-IIs).

My question to your friend would be... why invest time/resources in a certification that will soon be obsolete?

For the record, I love fast track/accelerated programs... just not a huge fan of many of the people they let into them.

Incyder38

Forum Probie
The Training Division online program lets you do your didactic portion at a self pace, then you spend 2 weeks in Crowley, TX doing their skills and rotations program.

medicdan

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
One program I know that has a fairly rigorous application program, and intensive classes is ALSI, The Advanced Life Support Institute, in Conway, NH. I dont know if they are running Intermediate programs anymore. Last summer I applied, and was accepted, but they didnt have enough students, so the class didn't run.

medic417

The Truth Provider
The Training Division online program lets you do your didactic portion at a self pace, then you spend 2 weeks in Crowley, TX doing their skills and rotations program.

And their education quality is questionable unless there has been a recent change.

Try www.percomonline.com if you want quality.

medic417

The Truth Provider
I don't mind the idea of learning didactic material online - but how is someone supposed to learn IV's and intubation with limited practice sessions?

When you compare the few minutes of each regular class actually spent on skills and add them up they equal less than the amount of time spent for skills at the quality online programs. Also skills sessions at online programs is often fewer students which allows much more hands on under supervision of an instructor.