EMT Course Completion Certificate

Status
Not open for further replies.

pmsimpso

Forum Ride Along
Hey,

I am applying for certification in LA county and it says I need a EMT Course Completion Certificate. I completed the course at Merritt College in Oakland and have fulfilled all of the other criteria. I never got a certificate from my program though. I have the NREMT card, the certificate from NREMT and my CPR for BLS providers and fingerprint stuff. Were they supposed to give me a certificate upon completing the course or am I missing something. I would appreciate the help.

Thanks

Akulahawk

EMT-P/ED RN
Community Leader
If I was paying some good $,$$$ for an EMT course, I would expect to receive a nice course completion certificate that I could put into a frame and it shouldn't cost them more than about $0.20 to do... I would do 2 things nearly simultaneously: ask LA County if they truly need a course completion cert since you have your NREMT card and also contact Merritt College and inquire about getting either a course completion certificate or a letter of completion. I actually have one of those around somewhere that specifies all the "stuff" that I was tested on. Basically I was tested on all the optional skills that were allowed in California back in the early 2000's for Paramedic. I think I also got a "nice" certificate when I completed my basic EMT in the late 90's.

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
Maybe they're asking about the additional LA County EMT "Expanded" Scope of Practice you need to get?

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?

rguy2

Forum Ride Along
I have completed an online EMT Course from Colorado University, and I'm wondering if you offer certificates for courses already completed?

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
I have completed an online EMT Course from Colorado University, and I'm wondering if you offer certificates for courses already completed?
EMTLife.com does not offer any certificates, we are an internet forum and not a school. You need to contact your school for that.

PotatoMedic

Has no idea what I'm doing.
Someone else said it.

PotatoMedic

I'll print you any certificate you want.

rguy2

Forum Ride Along
I have completed my Emergency Medical Technician online course from Colorado University (Denver Health) and do have certificates of each course completed. However, I would appreciate having just the one Emergency Medical Technician certificate to combine all course work completed. Can you complete this task at your earliest? See attachment.

** CL edit - attachment removed **

Last edited by a moderator:

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
No way this dude is serious.

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
I have completed my Emergency Medical Technician online course from Colorado University (Denver Health) and do have certificates of each course completed. However, I would appreciate having just the one Emergency Medical Technician certificate to combine all course work completed. Can you complete this task at your earliest? See attachment.
You can print off whatever custom "certificate" you want on your own printer at home. No difference than if one of us happens to do the exact same for you (which really isn't gonna happen).

Don't have a printer? Email whatever file to yourself (or put it on a flash drive) and go to a FedEx Store or a Kinkos or wherever. They'll charge you a few bucks to use their computer and printer, but you'll have your "certificate" immediately. And it won't be any more expensive than talking anyone here into printing whatever out on their own private printer and mailing to you from halfway across the country (maybe, there are a few members on here in the Colorado region...)

But there's really no point. Some unofficial design you drew up yourself or copied online isn't going to be accepted by the NREMT for national certification or by Colorado for State Certification, and won't be accepted by any employer you may be trying to apply to...

PotatoMedic

Unless he pays the 1k to do the boot camp academy put on by denver health. Then his current cert is useless.

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Thread closed since the bump didn't understand the responses.

Status
Not open for further replies.