EMT-B Students!!!

Whittier

Forum Probie
They have Ambulance Driver's Handbooks? I'll have to pick one up next time I'm in town.

They do in California! Don't know about the other states though.

traumaqueen5

Forum Probie
I just finished the EMT-B class the begining of march and now I'm stuck waiting to take the national test because washington state switched over from a state test to the national test and none of our instrutors or program directors know what's goin on. I belive I'll be the first to take the test out of my class. Kinda nervous but all should be well. I've been doing ride alongs since the middle of january....

LngJohnSlvr

Forum Crew Member
I take my National Registry test in about 3 weeks... starting to get a little nervous... but it should be ok... Good Luck!!

jerm

Forum Ride Along
I just completed my EMT-B course on Thursday and now am waiting to take the National Registry test. My plans are to start Fire Academy in June and then Paramedic in January.

carcrash1992

Forum Ride Along
so, last saturday we had our testing for the county practicals. We had to test on three stations which were trauma, medical, and cpr. What really sucked was when one of the other groups had to do trauma because the instructer that was acting to be a trauma patient ended up going into an actual diabetic emergency. When they were keeping the patient talking, he was starting to have an altered mental status which made them question, is he for legit or...? lol so in a bunch of instructers rushed and we actually got to see how it is really done in a real scenario. he made a full recovery, but it was really cool to see the emts at work and demostrated in a real scenario.
--Sarah--

KillTank

Forum Lieutenant
Do not let the national scare you. Its a simple test if you read all the questions through, never second guess yourself, and always remember A B C 's. No matter what is going on you will always check your A B C 's. Also study your cpr and choking. Go in there with a good attitude and y'all shall do good.

rubyfruit17

Forum Ride Along
I am 41 and just got my EMT-B. Yes I was the oldest in my class.
I was in dire need of a career change and wanted to challenge myself, I loved my course...planning to enter Paramedic school when I get my finances in order.

KillTank

Forum Lieutenant
I was in dire need of a career change and wanted to challenge myself, I loved my course...planning to enter Paramedic school when I get my finances in order.

Maybe you should get some time on the box before jumping to medic, Sometimes its not for everyone. Congrats on your emt-b. I wish the best of luck with your career!

robbaN28

Forum Probie

The oldest person in my EMT-B class is 47. He decided it was a time to change careers too.

I'm currently in EMT class and I love it. I've gotten to help out so many different people and there's nothing better than the patient or patient's relatives shake your hand and say thank you or to see a smile on the patient's face.

I have my Practical Exams next week so I'm getting ready for them. My problem is that I second think the questions too much and go into too much detail and just don't go with my first thought. There has been a lot of times when I've selected the right answer first and then changed it because I think "What if...".

Good luck to all of you!

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
Got my ride along this coming Monday. Looking forward to it.

traumaqueen5

Forum Probie
Well here goes.... Im taking the EMT-B national test tomarrow at noon.... should be interesting. Im the first one out of my class to take it and I'll be the first one to be taking the test at this new testing sight too... So it looks like i'll be the guinea pig...