EMT-B Student needs Help!

GrizzlytheMedicalHorse

Forum Ride Along
Hey there, I'm new to this forum! My name is Taylor, but most call me Grizzly due to my large stature and fiery temper when angered. I'm 20 and I really want and need my EMT-B license because honestly, retail makes me want to jump off a cliff. My end goal is to be AEMT/EMT-C certified so I can work my dream job as a firefighter!
I took my NREMT and failed miserably on my first try sadly. So, if anyone here knows some good study resources or has any tips for the test, I'd really appreciate it! Preferably something that won't cost $100 because...well I'm poor as dirt

DrParasite

The fire extinguisher is not just for show
review the sections that you didn't pass (I believe the exam still gives you a breakdown on topics you missed).

study groups with your former classmates. Review your exams from class, focus on areas where you didn't score a 90

plenty of free test questions online, however keep in mind that you won't see any test questions you see online on the NREMT exam

a fiery temper when angered is not someone who I want to work with in a high stress environment, especially if you get angered easily.

Good luck on your retake, and on your goal of attaining your dream job

Gurby

Forum Asst. Chief
Make flash cards of everything and review them often!

MMohler

Forum Crew Member
Pocket prep app on my phone helped me a ton, really focused in on what I was struggling in. Although you have to pay it is is worth it. As for the temper, find ways to handle it better. Getting the 3 AM ETOH call is no fun especially when they are loud. Contact class mates who passed ask them for advice. :D Good Luck!

April Johns

Forum Ride Along
I failed the test two times and passed on my third try. I personally used emtprep.com for studying before taking it a third time. They have good practice quizzes/tests. Just really try to dig deep in the questions. Just don't give up and don't be hard on yourself.

EMTBeast

Forum Ride Along
Go through your book and take notes on the stuff you don’t know well from the sections you did not pass on. Also downloaded EMT Pocket Prep it really helped me pass my exam it gives you sample questions that could be on the NREMT and it tracks your progress. Good luck!

Foxem

Forum Probie
I wrote this in another post, but I used "Fisdap". Absolutely worth the money for the practice NR tests alone, and all the other stuff makes it great too. Check it out, its not too expensive either. Good luck!

Colt45

Forum Lieutenant
Go through your book and take notes on the stuff you don’t know well from the sections you did not pass on. Also downloaded EMT Pocket Prep it really helped me pass my exam it gives you sample questions that could be on the NREMT and it tracks your progress. Good luck!

May be a good guide, but highly unlikely that you will see an exact duplicate of a question from the registry.

EMTBeast

Forum Ride Along
May be a good guide, but highly unlikely that you will see an exact duplicate of a question from the registry.
I have actually gotten 2 questions from the app on the registry. But that’s why I said it’s just sample questions that could be on the registry not that they will be. It’s a great way to get a feel on how questions will be asked and what to kind of expect.