EMS Sniglets

rescuejew

Forum Lieutenant
AMF yo-yo: When pts are belligerant and is stated usually right after tossing the pt from the back of the truck: Adios Mother-F***er, You're On Your Own.

Bohica:(pronounced Bo-Hee-Ka) referring to red tape from administration, from the language of line personnel, meaning: Bend Over, Here It Comes Again.

DDS: we have Duke university, and sometimes the kiddies drink too much. Drunk Duke Student, used via radio transmission to ER to inform them to get ready for the onslaught of ETOH fumes and puke.

Full-Tilt-Boogie-for-freedom-and-justice: Emergency traffic

Hi-Five: the code bangers use for HIV/AIDS

High-Blood: elderly define this as HTN

Holster-sniffer: Always a female, who dates many cops, trying to find herself a husband.

Low-Blood: the opposite of High Blood

Oh-dark-thirty: This is when the alarm goes off to get up for work, or when the tones go off in the middle of the night for some BS call.

PoPo: Po-licemen

Technicolor Yawn: Yak

Turnout gear sniffer: always a female, who dates everyone in the FD, looking for her husband.

skankatitis: This condition is reserved for pts who are just so nasty, you put on gloves on the off-chance that you might touch them.

Sugar: Elderly define this as Diabetes. Usually the question by EMS personnel is posed as: "you got sugar??"

t50-IF: (t50 is MVC) IF is Insurance Fraud

Two Beers: these are served in Durham at someone unknown bar in 55 gallon drums and are usually consumed by people that have wrecked their cars at 0400, or that get involved in a t94.

The Q-Word: we all know what it is, lets not anger the EMS Gods by saying it...

On a side note: we have a medic here and his main function is the tx of a HTN crisis; to him this is defined as not tamponading the vein after starting the IV...

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
did we cover Jafo???

Jafo... do you want to cover Jafo???

jon

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Originally posted by rescuejew@May 6 2005, 01:21 AM
On a side note: we have a medic here and his main function is the tx of a HTN crisis; to him this is defined as not tamponading the vein after starting the IV...
huh...

MedicPrincess

Forum Deputy Chief
Originally posted by MedicStudentJon@May 6 2005, 09:13 PM
did we cover Jafo???

jon
Somebody covered JAFO for us uninformed.....

I think I know what it means...

but i don't want to guess.....

please...

oh...

please...

somebody help me....

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Originally posted by EMTPrincess+May 6 2005, 09:40 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (EMTPrincess @ May 6 2005, 09:40 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-MedicStudentJon@May 6 2005, 09:13 PM
did we cover Jafo???

jon
Somebody covered JAFO for us uninformed.....

I think I know what it means...

but i don't want to guess.....

please...

oh...

please...

somebody help me.... [/b][/quote]
I was going to leave that to our new member - "Jafo"

Jon

rescuemedic7306

Forum Crew Member
Ok, ok......for those who don't know...

JAFO = 'Just Another F***kin' Observer'

Now quit yer whining!

:p

canisdoo

Forum Ride Along
allergic reaction to incarceration= repetive returns to detention center, usually occurs around 0230.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
ffemt8978

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
All right, it's been a long time since I started this post and it's apparent that most people here know what the term "sniglet" means. For those of you that don't, a sniglet is a word that should be in the dictionary but isn't.

Now for the trivia question of the day.....

Where did the term sniglet come from?

MariaCatEMT

Forum Asst. Chief
ffemt8978 said:
All right, it's been a long time since I started this post and it's apparent that most people here know what the term "sniglet" means. For those of you that don't, a sniglet is a word that should be in the dictionary but isn't.

Now for the trivia question of the day.....

Where did the term sniglet come from?

From Rich Hall.....on HBO.....in the 80's.

Wingnut

EMS Junkie
Ok I'll be the stupid question girl today...What's a sniglet?

OP
OP
ffemt8978

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
MariaCatEMT said:
From Rich Hall.....on HBO.....in the 80's.

Did you Google that or remember it?

But you're right, it came from him on a short lived series on HBO called "Not Neccesarily the News".

MariaCatEMT

Forum Asst. Chief
ffemt8978 said:
Did you Google that or remember it?

But you're right, it came from him on a short lived series on HBO called "Not Neccesarily the News".

Ha ha! I graduated from high school in 1984. Now, my folk's farmhouse was in BFE so we didn't have cable, but my best friend lived in town and did. I spent many a weekend at HER house just to watch HBO :p Notice I couldn't remember the name of the show though, I tried :rolleyes: So, do I win a prize? :p Don't forget the profusion of sniglet books that came out in the 80's too. I bought one for my dad.

Wingnut

EMS Junkie
I was 6 but I remember my mom watching that show all the time. It was that and MASH, that's all we ever watched.

fm_emt

Useless without caffeine
couple more..

SOCMOB = "Standing on the corner, minding my own business"

OMGWTF = "Oh my god, what the fark just happened?"

My girlfriend works in a hospital and catches a few good ones sometimes. If she relays any others, I'll add them to the list. ;)

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
rescuejew said:
Two Beers: these are served in Durham at someone unknown bar in 55 gallon drums and are usually consumed by people that have wrecked their cars at 0400, or that get involved in a t94.

I missed this one...

NICE!!!

gradygirl

TROUBLE
It's been a while for this thread, but here are some more...

CLF-crazy little f:censored:er

LOLFOKF-little old lady found on kitchen floor

High-velocity transcortical lead therapy-shot to the head

DTS-dunk Trinity students

TCOEWWHAPW-The Council of EMTs Who Work Hard and Play Harder (I'm a member)

TCERT-DTS-Trinity College EMTs Responding to Drunk Tinity Students

TCERT Kids-what all Aetna Ambulance employees refer to TCERT responders as