1. Tired of seeing ads? Click here to register today and the ads go away. It's completely FREE, too!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Can't find what you're looking for? Use the search bar in the upper right corner.
    Dismiss Notice

EMS Salary question

Discussion in 'EMS Employment' started by Kavsuvb, Dec 28, 2018.

1. Kavsuvb

Kavsuvb Forum Crew Member

Education:
    EMT
    What state has the Highest PAID EMT and Highest PAID Paramedic in this country. Also what's the top 5 and top 10 states to be an EMT and a Paramedic.

2. NPO

NPO Forum Deputy Chief

Education:
    Paramedic
    https://www.emsworld.com/article/220502/revealing-results-2018-ems-world-salary-survey *

* These results are not 100% representative of all agencies or salaries. There also was no fact checking and data was 100% self reported.

There is no "top" place to work. That's subjective.

I think we can lock this thread now.

3. PotatoMedic

PotatoMedic Has no idea what I'm doing.

Education:
    Paramedic
    Washington... I believe. Maybe Cali... But you have to be a firefighter as well.

4. PotatoMedic

PotatoMedic Has no idea what I'm doing.

Education:
    Paramedic
    Though king county medic one pays really well and all you have to be is a medic.

5. E tank

E tank Caution: Paralyzing Agent

The question you really need to ask is what is the ratio of front line EMS providers in their 50's for a given department/service. That should give food for thought for your future...

Kavsuvb likes this.
  6. Kavsuvb

Kavsuvb Forum Crew Member

Education:
    EMT
    What's the top state to be an EMT and Paramedic

7. NPO

NPO Forum Deputy Chief

Education:
    Paramedic
    State of denial

VFlutter, ITBITB13, chriscemt and 2 others like this.
  8. akflightmedic

akflightmedic Forum Deputy Chief

Alaska then Maine. From there just start West and move East, so WA, tip of Idaho, Montana, North Dakota, Minnesota, piece of Wisconsin, Michigan, New York, Vermont and finally New Hampshire...those would definitely be the top states to be a EMT or Medic in.

9. Seirende

Seirende Forum Captain

Education:
    Paramedic
    Which piece?

10. Ensihoitaja

Ensihoitaja Forum Captain

Education:
    Paramedic
    Minnesota is actually the farthest north of the lower 48, so clearly you’d need to go Alaska, then Minnesota- maybe this service? https://lakewoodhealthcenter.org/ambulance-service/

Eir and akflightmedic like this.
  11. akflightmedic

akflightmedic Forum Deputy Chief

The top piece silly.

DesertMedic66 likes this.
  12. Eir

Eir Forum Probie

Education:
    Student
    Close. Lakewood is at 48.7 degrees of latitude, so I think the highest non-Alaska ambulance service might be LifeCare at 48.8 degrees of latitude. https://lifecaremedicalcenter.org/ambulance/

I do wonder how well the rural services pay in comparison to the Twin Cities services.

13. Seirende

Seirende Forum Captain

Education:
    Paramedic
    The main difference that I've heard about northern WI is that the transport times can be really long. For sure it's a beautiful area.

PotatoMedic likes this.
  14. Ensihoitaja

Ensihoitaja Forum Captain

Education:
    Paramedic
    If you’re going by base, sure, but for coverage area, Northwest Angle is next. I know Gold Cross pays pretty well, but I don’t think that’s the case for the rest of Northern Minnesota.

Eir likes this.
  15. cruiseforever

cruiseforever Forum Captain

I work for a metro service and a rural service in the area I live. I make seven dollars less in the rural area and you have to be on call.

Most of the rural areas that I am familiar with require some on call time. The on call time seems to be a big reason some areas have a high turnover.