EMS Lounges at Your Local Hospitals

TRSpeed

Forum Asst. Chief
LLUMC is always great. When they have tokens though :( free vending machines with everything from red bull,monster to sandwiches burritos and chips.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
LLUMC is always great. When they have tokens though :( free vending machines with everything from red bull,monster to sandwiches burritos and chips.

The last couple of times I've gone there the machines have been empty. LLUMC is in a little bit of a tight spot right now..

TRSpeed

Forum Asst. Chief
Hmm I work Riverside so don't go there often. But j did last week and they had Bo tokens but food in vending machines. I guess it didn't help my partner has 16tokens at home lol

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
If the Boston hospitals have EMS lounges, I've never been in them. Many have EMS workrooms but they're full a lot of the time and I really don't mind finishing my report in the truck, where I can listen to my music and eat my food. It's quiet there too and I don't do a lot of socializing with other agencies since I know about zero other EMTs outside of my company.

The hospital in Colorado where I've done some clinical time had a pretty nice little lounge/place to do charting. Not a lot of space, but a fridge full of water, soda, sandwiches, and those cheese snacky things. Also had a boxes and boxes of saltines, which is the best part haha.

Imacho

Forum Lieutenant
Most of the lounges here are simple. A snack basket and a fridge with drinks. One of the lounges in south county has a keurig machine. But the one holiest outside of north county lines has a nice lounge with a TV, couch, keurig, fridge, and single serve cereal boxes.

Hunter

Forum Asst. Chief
Just remembered one of the hospitals here has a local culinary school that rums their cafeteria, we get free lunch anytime we drop off a patient. Food is always good with healthy options.

Took this yesterday
d03655f0-11c1-fbe6.jpg

MassEMT-B

Forum Captain
If the Boston hospitals have EMS lounges, I've never been in them. Many have EMS workrooms but they're full a lot of the time and I really don't mind finishing my report in the truck, where I can listen to my music and eat my food. It's quiet there too and I don't do a lot of socializing with other agencies since I know about zero other EMTs outside of my company.

The hospital in Colorado where I've done some clinical time had a pretty nice little lounge/place to do charting. Not a lot of space, but a fridge full of water, soda, sandwiches, and those cheese snacky things. Also had a boxes and boxes of saltines, which is the best part haha.

I only know of one in Boston that has an actual lounge with food and some drinks, and that’s St. Elizabeth’s. It’s pretty cool, they also have computers and a TV you can use.

Imacho

Forum Lieutenant
Just remembered one of the hospitals here has a local culinary school that rums their cafeteria, we get free lunch anytime we drop off a patient. Food is always good with healthy options.

Took this yesterday
d03655f0-11c1-fbe6.jpg

Dang! I'd be gettin me some chicken cordon bleu every shift.

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
I only know of one in Boston that has an actual lounge with food and some drinks, and that’s St. Elizabeth’s. It’s pretty cool, they also have computers and a TV you can use.

Hmmm must investigate further. I've never transported to the St. E's ER, usually it's inpatient psych or dialysis since most people want to go to the big hospital ER so they can wait extra long for a minor complaint!

tssemt2010

Forum Lieutenant
Those are awesome aren't they. Kind of mind blowing, I just want to stand there pushing the buttons like a kid.

glad you know what hospital im talking about lol, its sad that i go to that hospital 5+ times a day and even if im not hungry i am compelled to get something from the vending machines every single time im there

medicdan

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member

Some day I will take you on a tour... It's quite nice, the least wealthy hospital in the area has the best food.

Hunter

Forum Asst. Chief
Dang! I'd be gettin me some chicken cordon bleu every shift.

Lol we can only eat there when we drop off and since I with private I don't always get to go there. =(

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
Some day I will take you on a tour... It's quite nice, the least wealthy hospital in the area has the best food.

Please don't make me spend anymore time in the Shattuck or the Carney anymore than I have too!:rofl: Actually wait, I'll do anything for good food.

johnrsemt

Forum Deputy Chief
In Indianapolis where I used to work; it ran the range from nothing to a dedicated room, with copier and chairs, tables, fridge with drinks and usually cookies and donuts.

Now here, the local hospital during the day we can go to the cafeteria and sign a logbook and eat whatever they have on menu for free.

Also when we transport we can stop at any fast food/resturaunt on way back: benefit when we are 45-90 minutes away from base. But drawback we usually only do 1-2 runs a month each (f we are that lucky)