EMS employment question

Mikel512

Forum Probie
okay, I've been a EMT-b for about a 2 years now (911) and currently half way through a paramedic program, i would like to use my medical training in another setting besides the norm, any one have any ideas??

KEVD18

Forum Deputy Chief

NRCCEMTP26

Forum Probie
Go to a theme park, cruise ship, overseas emt security forces as a medic. its a pleathera of oppertunties out there. you go to www.dogpile.com and find other avenues.

FF-EMT Diver

Forum Captain
Nice to have a question answered eh?

I never can get the search to work anyway.

VentMedic

Forum Chief
Many of the really unique Paramedic jobs want very experienced, independent critical thinkers. You should probably get experience on a busy EMS truck as the lead Paramedic to make yourself marketable and truly capable of handling the job which might depend on you and you alone for many miles or hours.

The 2 years as an EMT-B, even if it is with a 911 EMS, is NOT the same unless you are only applying for another EMT-B position.

tydek07

Forum Captain
okay, I've been a EMT-b for about a 2 years now (911) and currently half way through a paramedic program, i would like to use my medical training in another setting besides the norm, any one have any ideas??

-cruise ships
-sport centers
-hospitals
-public parks
-amusement parks
-police
-swat
-specialty centers
-etc.

There are plenty to chose from^_^

itzfrank

Forum Crew Member
industrial...

I worked as a FF/EMT at a local plant. An injury every shift or so and a fire a week. (Lots of welding) We had a blast at that job though. New management came and changed the shifts to 8 hours and most of us left. Still, an avenue to consider.

WuLabsWuTecH

Forum Deputy Chief
I worked as a FF/EMT at a local plant. An injury every shift or so and a fire a week. (Lots of welding) We had a blast at that job though. New management came and changed the shifts to 8 hours and most of us left. Still, an avenue to consider.
A fire a week? I'm sure it was a "Blast" !!!!

Tee hee!