ems discounts on food and stuff

fast65

Doogie Howser FP-C

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
I won't lie, I go out of my way to the Dunkin Donuts that give me the free styrofoam cup over my ice coffee to keep it from melting, does this make me a bad person?:p

medicdan

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
I won't lie, I go out of my way to the Dunkin Donuts that give me the free styrofoam cup over my ice coffee to keep it from melting, does this make me a bad person?:p

That's funny, I do the opposite. I guess i'm too much of an environmentalist at heart. I just bought the reusable neoprene sleeve so it doesn't melt...

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
That's funny, I do the opposite. I guess i'm too much of an environmentalist at heart. I just bought the reusable neoprene sleeve so it doesn't melt...

Hmm might have to invest in one of those so I can have Dunkin whenever I want (which is always)!

Bosco836

Forum Lieutenant
Around here discounts vary from location to location throughout the county. However, we typically get 20% off at Arby's, free Slurpee's from 7-11, and 10% off at Dairy Queen. Other venues will occasionally provide us with a discount; however, this is typically done on a case by case basis.

EMDispatch

IAED EMD-Q/EMT
Like everywhere else, discounts here vary. Police receive more than the rest of the agencies do. Overall, it tends to be the local owned businesses that provide the nice courtesy discount rather than the larger chains. What's really nice is that several local businesses that don't really do delivery or have restrictions on it will actually make an exception for the 911 center, since they know we can't do carry-out.

Akulahawk

EMT-P/ED RN
Community Leader
I signed up just a few months ago, I work for a private ambulance that does mostly non emergency bls transports, some ALS and critical care transports ect. But no 911, they approved me with my work ID.

Just goes to show that there can be some inconsistency... but at least you got their discount. Eventually, I hope that I'll have time to get back into transport and perhaps get that discount again. It's significant and definitely worth being customer... I like my Oakleys and have gladly paid full retail for them, but I don't buy their stuff much because I tend to take care of my sunglasses. Darn it... :blink:

SSwain

Forum Captain
A couple of decades ago, when I was still in high school, I worked at Burger King.
If a FF/EMT/PD/Sheriff's Deputy came in, they got a 50% discount.
If they came thru the drive thru, they started their order by giving their badge number.

Akulahawk

EMT-P/ED RN
Community Leader
Speaking of Burger King, where I work now, I used to get a large size meal instead of the regular sized one I ordered... It's totally up to the people working there whether or not I do get that or not. I never ask, and never will for that discount.

Hunter

Forum Asst. Chief
Ugh... Burger king... There goes my healthy food streak x.o

Akulahawk

EMT-P/ED RN
Community Leader
Oh, and I forgot to add: I rarely go to Burger King or any fast food place unless I have to eat and don't have time to make my own. It's rare that I eat at a fast food establishment these days, and it's more expensive than eating at home.

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
Don't know if they still do, but Walgreen's pharmacies in Nebraska once upon a time gave medical professionals (present license at the window) 10% off medical supplies and prescriptions. Worked for RN's, not sure about EMT's.

johnrsemt

Forum Deputy Chief
Alot of Laser Surgery places advertise Police/Fire/EMS/Military discounts: That is the only one I would ever ask about while off duty

Theone

Forum Ride Along
Chick filla will give half off and i know. Sprint and at&t will give 20% discount off of monthly phone Bill :)

CAR1

Forum Probie
Special deals for EMS Personnel

I wanted to start a thread about special deals/discounts for EMS Personnel.
I'll start,
1) New York State has a $200 Tax credit for Active Personnel
2)i believe Sprint has some sort of discount for EMT/EMS (not sure if you need to be active)

bigbaldguy

Former medic seven years 911 service in houston
I wanted to start a thread about special deals/discounts for EMS Personnel.
I'll start,
1) New York State has a $200 Tax credit for Active Personnel
2)i believe Sprint has some sort of discount for EMT/EMS (not sure if you need to be active)

Moved to existing thread.

Some YMCA's offer a discount to fire and EMS on gym memberships although the one near me just stopped offering it. LA Fitness also offers a good monthly rate for fire, EMS and Police.

bahnrokt

Forum Lieutenant
Speaking of Burger King, where I work now, I used to get a large size meal instead of the regular sized one I ordered... It's totally up to the people working there whether or not I do get that or not. I never ask, and never will for that discount.

We used to have a deal like that, but then a local cop lost his cool when he thought some kid spit in his burger. It was all on security camera. The dept was a mess anyway, they were shut down shortly after that and the state police took over.

Medic Tim

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
We used to have a deal like that, but then a local cop lost his cool when he thought some kid spit in his burger. It was all on security camera. The dept was a mess anyway, they were shut down shortly after that and the state police took over.

Does this look like spit to you?
spit.jpg

CANDawg

Forum Asst. Chief

24236057.jpg