EMS Conference dress code

Rin

Forum Captain
Do people normally wear EMS pants, or are jeans standard? There's con-ed involved, so I'm guessing we're going to need to be able to move freely (and not wear casual business atire etc).

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Normally the continued education at EMS conferences are lectures. You will see everything from the Ricky rescues to the people dressed in suits.

I went to a conference as a requirement for my medic program and we were required to wear business casual attire.

Keep in mind that these conferences are a great place to network with future employers so first impressions are everything.

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
Keep in mind that these conferences are a great place to network with future employers so first impressions are everything.
THIS! ^

@Rin Which one are you going to?

Ewok Jerky

PA-C
If I intend on anonimity: dress comfortably

If I intend on netwworking: business casual

CME is usually sitting in a lecture hall.
Skills labs usually require an additional fee and registration beyond regular conference entrance.

Carlos Danger

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
I wear something like Dockers and a polo shirt, unless I'm speaking, then a shirt and tie.

But probably the most common outfit I've seen at EMS conferences involves jeans or EMS pants with a "tactical" nylon belt along with a T-shirt that says "ABSOLUTE EMT: My Job Is To SAVE Your ***, Not KISS It". Or some variation thereof.

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
Agreed. Khakis and a polo. If I'm required to represent the department, I'll wear a department polo.

Do NOT bring shears, pagers, Ricky Rescue "racing the reaper" t-shirts or any tactical items to the conference.

SandpitMedic

Crowd pleaser
Leave your "EMT... Because badass rescue mammajamming freakin' life saver was too long" t-shirt at home.

DrParasite

The fire extinguisher is not just for show
If I'm being paid to be there, or my agency is sending me, i will dress business casual (khakis, dress shoes, and a polo shirt).

If I'm going on my own time, I am wearing a collared shirt, a pair a jeans, and sneakers. Depending on the weather and what I plan on doing, I might even wear a T-shirt

DrParasite

The fire extinguisher is not just for show
That's a relief. I'd hate to think I wasted all that money on matching glitter eyeshadow and semi-transparent leggings.
that's more appropriate for the evening social gatherings at the night time adult establishment that serves alcohol

MkVity

Aut viam inveniam aut faciam.
:rolleyes:

1373931778-58314400.jpg

triemal04

Forum Deputy Chief
Don't listen to any of those people; if you're such a high-speed low-drag EMT that you're going to a conference, you want all the people you meet to KNOW that. I mean, everybody knows the point of going is to show off what a kickass medical guru you are, not to learn anything. So make sure you were your uniform pants, boots, and a tacticool belt loaded with all those nifty gizmos; super-fancy shears, badass combination knife, window punch, mini-mag (LED of course), glove pouch, tourniquet (in tactical black obviously) and the most expensive stethoscope you can buy. Don't wear your uniform shirt though; you want people to have to guess where such a badass like you works; it'll make you that much more mysterious. What you want to wear is a nice "racing the reaper" type shirt or "doing what doctors do at 90mph" type t-shirt; that make everyone take notice and tells them exactly what you do. And the most important part; make sure you keep a nice big pager attached to your belt. Doesn't matter how far away from your service area you are or if you're off duty, you could be called into action at any minute, and you want EVERYONE to know it.

Or you could just wear jeans and a shirt...but wheres the fun in that?

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
I usually do jeans and a polo or khakis and a polo depending on wjat I'm doing at the conference. Went one day in ems pants and a tshirt but I came off shift to go to a class, so I figured I would be ok

OP
OP
Rin

Rin

Forum Captain
So the gist I'm getting is that I can expect to see everything from casual to business casual, from uniform to whacker. All I know is if I run into someone dressed as a Stormtrooper, I'm done.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
So the gist I'm getting is that I can expect to see everything from casual to business casual, from uniform to whacker. All I know is if I run into someone dressed as a Stormtrooper, I'm done.
Don't have to worry about getting shot by the stormtrooper...

RebelAngel

White Cloud
I bought and wore a black colored shirt with my name and our FD logo embroidered on in, khakis, and black flats.