EMS boots.

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
I'm looking for a boot - with NO arch support ( I'm flat footed )

My dad has the same problem and he wears lowa and merrell boots for hunting/ hiking. Those two brands have really been the only ones that work for him.

Underoath87

Forum Asst. Chief
Maybe it's me whose being too vague.

I'm looking for a boot - with NO arch support ( I'm flat footed ) that's good for steep grade, short to medium distance hiking. It is a rocky hike, not trail material. If that helps.

People have this habit of rolling their cars into a said canyon in the county, and hiking down there isn't particularly long, but is pretty steep.

Oh. Then avoid Haix, as they all have ample arch support built in (which is good if you pronate, but not if you're actually flat footed). Any of the cheaper boots should have little arch support. My Bates and Magnums had very little at all.

Brandon O

Puzzled by facies
My Danner Acadias have zero arch support unless you add an insole (basically a pancake), and I have HEARD of people hiking in them, but they're not trail boots and I would not recommend it. At all.

OP
OP
COmedic17

COmedic17

Forum Asst. Chief
I have merrell hiking boots, but my boots on the job must be "uniform"...which pretty much means black and leather. They can't "stand out" essentially.

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
Wouldn't a black pair of merrell or lowa's suffice?

irishboxer384

Forum Captain
Lowa boots, if it is good enough for military being leather and black then should be for ems? It is also perfectly fine with adjustments for flat footers- have seen plenty of guys with fractures and lower limb stresses been given their own free pair by physiotherapists etc
Screen Shot 2015-02-28 at 23.36.18.png