Employment test?

leftysoftball

Forum Probie
Did any of you have to take a test given by your perspective employer??
Thanks

medicRob

Forum Deputy Chief
As an EMT-IV, I had to take the standard agility test, as well as an EMT-IV knowledge exam and show proficiency in BVM, Combi/Ptl, Epi Sub Q and IM, CPAP, 12 Lead Placement, Sager/Thomas Half Ring, KED, IV Therapy, Trauma and Medical assessment (You were given an oral scenerio for each).

As for Paramedic, your knowledge and skills are assessed at your skill level and you take the agility.

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
Yes, for EMT and Paramedic.

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
Good luck on your employment test, though I'm worried you failed the EMTLife test. Don't you think a thread titled "Employment test" should go in the EMS Employment forum? Thread moved :)

FreezerStL

Forum Crew Member
Good luck on your employment test, though I'm worried you failed the EMTLife test. Don't you think a thread titled "Employment test" should go in the EMS Employment forum? Thread moved

Rofl

And to the OP:

Almost all places in my area have pre-employment written and physical agility tests.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
leftysoftball

leftysoftball

Forum Probie
Good luck on your employment test, though I'm worried you failed the EMTLife test. Don't you think a thread titled "Employment test" should go in the EMS Employment forum? Thread moved :)

Sorry about the wrong forum thing. I'll try to be more diligent next post. To be more clear, I am applying at private ambulance companies and want to know what to expect, that's all.

If people didn't put posts in the wrong spots occasionally, what would the moderators have to do? :glare:

medicRob

Forum Deputy Chief
I just got finished taking the agility test for a new service, and it is quite evident that I am not as young as I used to be. My back is killing me.

... I am having my first Pre-Mid life crisis.

EMT-IT753

Forum Lieutenant
I had to do an agility test, a lifting test, and an assessment skills test. Once I get done with the first part of training, I have to take a protocol exam and a map skills exam before I am able to move to the next phase of training.

Last edited by a moderator: