Emergency Lights & Sirens on POV?

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
All of our ambulances have had this for a long time. If we flip the switch backwards it just turns on all the rear facing lights (amber and red). When I was an EMT I used it a lot.

The reserve unit I am right now, if we turn on the secondaries, the opticom still flashes, even in park. Same with primary too.

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
The reserve unit I am right now, if we turn on the secondaries, the opticom still flashes, even in park. Same with primary too.

I just noticed this morning too. The steady reds that are on there are melting the lightbar housing.... lol

SandpitMedic

Crowd pleaser
I just read this entire thread, and facepalmed more in 10 minutes than in the last 10 weeks.

I just.....

A person referring to their self as Honey Badger is in a Mazda Miata, on patrol, off duty, getting flagged down for road flares and his bag of stolen goods from AMR with a vizzie vest.

I just can't even....

Someone.... Help us.

OP
OP
adamNYC

adamNYC

Forum Lieutenant
Maybe you don't want to help off duty but there are some of us who do

SandpitMedic

Crowd pleaser
Maybe you don't want to help off duty but there are some of us who do
Yeah, and you're making the rest of us look like mouth breathers.

It's not what you're doing... It is how you are going about it all Ricky Rescue with a super cape on. It's ridiculous. Whether you live rural or in the city you find the need to put some wizbang flashing lights and siren on your car while you are out seeking patients... You are putting people in danger, namely the general public. Also, there is a reason it is against the law to practice medicine - even BLS EMS - without a license.
Don't worry... There are professionals out there who will come their aide when called, we don't need you and your ridiculously bright flashlight to guide us in... Out there pretending your on some TV show with your Galls EMS badge in your wallet... EMS :You're doing it wrong.

Just so many wrongs... I can't even hit on them all. ::facepalm:: again

SandpitMedic

Crowd pleaser
Now you're just trolling me...

Yeah, I just got trolled....

Good one.

OP
OP
adamNYC

adamNYC

Forum Lieutenant
Seriously after speaking to you guys I know I can't use emergency lights unless I'm a Jewish Hatzalah I guy

SandpitMedic

Crowd pleaser
Seriously after speaking to you guys I know I can't use emergency lights unless I'm a Jewish Hatzalah I guy
attachment.php

Is this you bro?

SandpitMedic

Crowd pleaser
Trolling HARD. Got me again! Hahaha. Thanks for the literal laugh out loud, that was a good one. I like your style.
No wonder you only volunteer in EMS... clearly you make your monies jokin' on the interwebs.

OP
OP
adamNYC

adamNYC

Forum Lieutenant
All jokes aside I intend on getting a tech bag and using no more than hazards to help mvas or whatever medical emergency I happen to roll by PRN. I'll have a shield around my neck as well. Any opportunity for experience for me is valuable to me.

OP
OP
adamNYC

adamNYC

Forum Lieutenant
I volly and work for private paid EMS as well. Read my signature

SandpitMedic

Crowd pleaser
A shield... around.. your neck.....
head-in-hands.jpg

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
NY and NJ EMS is a different breed. They roll up on job in the bus. They expedite forthwith, Kay. They have a tech bag and wear a shield.

It's just a different world.

For a great look into the NY/NJ douchebaggery, read one of the "books" written by Devin Kerins.

SandpitMedic

Crowd pleaser
Whatever... you roll by.... PRN
tumblr_m7bjr0xDHj1rbsctpo1_500.jpg

OP
OP
adamNYC

adamNYC

Forum Lieutenant
I'm glad you like my terminology as well