Emerald City Ambulance - Seattle

PotatoMedic

Has no idea what I'm doing.
Interesting... No have not heard of them or even about them. It will be interesting to see what happens. Already have AMR, Rural, Trimed, (and the new guys FALCK). Really think we need a 5th Ambulance company in the area?

OP
OP
P

PNW EMT

Forum Probie
There is probably enough business to go around however I imagine it will be hard for a small start up to gain any traction in this area. I remember when Pro-Transport 1 tried to do a start up in this area without doing their homework first and that lasted all of what 6 months?

PotatoMedic

Yeah I guess they might be able to find a little part of king county to play in. It will be interesting. I will ask my supervisors tomorrow if they know anything about them tomorrow.

waaaemt

Forum Lieutenant
I saw their 2 ambulances in a holding lot in West Seattle the other day. Old rigs from the 90s but with shiny new paint jobs, top half is white, bottom half in green, and with the Washington State flag on the cab doors.
The van rig is this year Ford:

http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g205/elightbars/mxstrb.jpg

but in a van form.

And the mod rig is a 90's dodge ram 4x4.

It'll be interesting to see what happens with these guys.

RMEMT

Forum Ride Along
I had interviewed with them. Was offered a position but backed out because I was afraid to work for such a new company. They aren't certified to run 911 calls, only inner facility transports. I guess it may be good for a new EMT with no experience living at home with parents. I have years of experience and have bills and a family to support. I can't be worrying about if my paycheck will bounce or one day go to work just to be told I'm out of a job.

Beatingheart

Forum Ride Along
Emerald City Ambulance Company

Do not compromise yourself and interview with Emerald City Ambulance Company - they are terrible and it is a total waste of time. When I interviewed I found them to be unprepared, unprofessional and borderline sexist. Personally, I would never put myself in a position to have my license compromised by being affiliated with such a company and I would encourage my fellow EMTs to think twice.

Beatingheart

Forum Ride Along
DEmedic - I don't want to seem brash, but the only reason I signed up to this blog was to post that very comment in hopes of saving someone else the trouble. The interview was a train wreck from start to finish; I literally thought at one point someone was playing a joke on me. Can't win 'em all, huh?

PotatoMedic

What else can you tell us about the company?

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
We don't know much about Emerald City Ambulance. I know they're trying to scoop up some of the IFT business that is over flow from the other companies, but we haven't heard from anyone who's actually working there.

Did you send an email to the general manager or owner detailing your experience. That might be feedback they'd be interested in.

PotatoMedic

Let us know about them. They really are an unknown. How was the interview?

ChocoEMT

Forum Ride Along
Emerald City Ambulance

These guys are California Ambulance ans have expanded into Seattle. They say they "All of our staff is well trained, professional" That's VERY questionable with some of the folks they've hired. They must not know that our community although huge it's also same and word gets out very quickly. Well good luck to them.

PotatoMedic

PotatoMedic

Good! We don't need any of the Cali medicare fraud up here. We have enough of our own problems.

Where did you here that?