EHS positions

Intothefog

Forum Probie
Any paramedics In here transition to EHS (environmental health and safety) positions at Tesla or any big name companies? I’m wondering if they like having staff with paramedic experience and at least an AS degree.

DrParasite

The fire extinguisher is not just for show
I can't speak for paramedics, but I know of several EMTs who did make the move from EMS to EHS. Amazon is often an employer who hires EMTs, but there are construction companies and some set medic companies that hire EMTs to minimize any reportable on-site injuries.

Some do EHS full time and EMS on the side, while some have gotten completely out of EMS. all depends on the person.

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
@Chimpie might be able to provide some insight into this too

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
Thanks for tagging me @ffemt8978!

I'm the account manager at a large automobile manufacturing plant that employees over 9,000 team members, vendors and suppliers. My team provides all the security, fire and ems services at the plant. We're divided up into three pillars: dispatch, security and fire/ems. Of the 98 officers on staff, I have about 20 FF/EMS members, which are about half EMR, half EMT.

We average about 55 medical runs a month. While I prefer the highest training and experience available, of course, I really only need EMTs. Our patient care time is minimal, averaging less than ten minutes as we have an on-site ED of sorts (doc, pa, nurses, etc.). Weekends, holidays or emergencies outside the main plant building result in us requesting an ambulance to transfer care to. We're rural so their response times can be about ten to twenty minutes. Having an EMT over an EMR is useful on those runs.

If you have any questions please feel free to ask.