EAS is hiring a Field Supervisor for its Brea location

deadhead

Forum Crew Member
EAS is seeking applicants for a upcoming Field Supervisor position. If any of you are interested in applying please check out our website or check our our ad on indeed.com. All the details are there.

DrParasite

The fire extinguisher is not just for show
looks good, with one exception:
After training is completed varied days and hours will be required as the position transitions to set 24-hr shifts on Wednesday and Friday, and rotating every third Saturday.
So every three weeks, you have to work a 48-hour shift? what if you have a busy Friday night, and aren't able to get any sleep; then you are forced to make operational decisions (likely as the only member of management on duty) when you are exhausted and barely able to function for all of Saturday?

OP
OP
deadhead

deadhead

Forum Crew Member

So every three weeks, you have to work a 48-hour shift? what if you have a busy Friday night, and aren't able to get any sleep; then you are forced to make operational decisions (likely as the only member of management on duty) when you are exhausted and barely able to function for all of Saturday?
Your correct. There is a 48 every three weeks. The schedule is nearly identically to the Kelly's used by fire and matches with the 24-hr. schedules used in our FD contract ares. And, it would be very unlikely that a supervisor would not be able to get sleep. I doubt that exhausting would come into play.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll

If their supervisors operate anything like they do at my ground job, that has never been an issue and will likely to never be an issue. They aren’t out running calls. They sit in their office from 0900-1700 answering phones, filling shifts, and doing other operational tasks. Then from 1700 until the next day they don’t have any assigned tasks and only have to do something if a crew member calls them or dispatch contacts them.

DrParasite

The fire extinguisher is not just for show
If their supervisors operate anything like they do at my ground job, that has never been an issue and will likely to never be an issue. They aren’t out running calls. They sit in their office from 0900-1700 answering phones, filling shifts, and doing other operational tasks. Then from 1700 until the next day they don’t have any assigned tasks and only have to do something if a crew member calls them or dispatch contacts them.
At my last real EMS job, working the night shift, our supervisors (we had two for the city, unless there was a sick out or vacation, then we went down to 1) went on every pin job, stabbing/shooting, working fire, potential MCI (such as bus accidents, building collapse, etc), and they monitored the radio's dispatch channel for any requests. They could also be requested to respond by a field unit. This was in addition to the administrative work they did (giving out equipment, chart review, limited clinical), and supervision of the file units. And they would occasionally get pulled as a first responder when no other units were available. On a Friday or Saturday night, running out of units was a common occurrence.

I don't know any FD's that have a schedule like that but it might be a cali specific thing. But if your supervisors get to sleep, awesome. sounds like an awesome job.