Does your blood pressure lower or rise when standing up?

BateMan

Forum Probie
Reaction score
From a supine position?

You tell us....

Why does it raise or lower? What happens when our body's mechanisms fail to react to change in position?

Splat is what happens :cool:

My Spidey-senses are tingling, telling me this sounds like a homework or exam question. :o

My Spidey-senses are tingling, telling me this sounds like a homework or exam question. :o

That seems to be home boy's MO.

Talk us through your thought process guy. As always, we aren't going to give you the answer, but we'll help you think it through.

I'll even throw you a bone.

When a person stands up and the body does not react appropriately to the change they pass out.

Why does a person pass out?

What should have happened to prevent them from passing out?

Do you have to run harder on flat ground or when running up a hill?

I'm all out of ideas

This would be a great little adventure in CV physiology. Fun mechanisms.

If someone's bp is too high, why will a doctor sometimes have them rest a while?

This would be a great little adventure in CV physiology. Fun mechanisms.

Very true however I fear that it would be a far too complicated adventure for the OP.

Are we now ask Jeeves?

Do people still do that? I probably haven't used ask Jeeves in years.

To the OP, what do you think should happen? What happens when things don't go right?

Maybe setting it up as a word problem would help?

If a train left Chicago at 8:45 pm on Tuesday, traveling 70 mph, how long would it take before grandpa passed out from orthostatic hypotension after standing up?

Here's a hint... Turn left at Albuquerque.

If a train left Chicago at 8:45 pm on Tuesday, traveling 70 mph, how long would it take before grandpa passed out from orthostatic hypotension after standing up?

hahahahaha

what is Kebert Xela?

Another thing. Have you seen the color on people's faces change when they quickly stand up or lay down? This is a hint!

Very true however I fear that it would be a far too complicated adventure for the OP.

When I saw this...I thought the same..does it? After reading comments....I now realize the answer. Thanks guys!

Back