Do you think your EMS agency would benefit from having their own app?

LifeOfAMedicStudent

Forum Crew Member
As you all may know, I am transitioning away from EMS due to the intolerance, wear, and abysmal pay.

I am starting to flourish in web development ( I especially LOVE PHP programming so far ). I have a solid grasp of HTML, CSS, and doing well so far at PHP ane SQL. I will eventually branch out to other programming languages. I need to improve on Javascript. But anyways...

I was thinking about also expanding to android and iOS app development. Maybe I can create custom applications for agencies that features the following:

1. Direct access to list of protocols with easy custom search
2. Employee scheduling (kind of like a whentowork)
3. Employee forum
4. Employee contacts
5. Truck check offs with easy submission. Immediately notifies supervisor of anything needing attention and prioritizes it.

VentMonkey

Family Guy
We already have access to all of the above items you've mentioned via ePro's software, as well as Operative IQ; it works well. Our protocols are made available to us as an icon on our tablets desktops.

OP
OP
L

LifeOfAMedicStudent

Forum Crew Member
We already have access to all of the above items you've mentioned via ePro's software, as well as Operative IQ; it works well. Our protocols are made available to us as an icon on our tablets desktops.

Just an idea. I am sure there are other softwares alike. But also imagine having your own agency app to keep and not paying subscriptions for.

VentMonkey

Family Guy
Just an idea. I am sure there are other softwares alike. But also imagine having your own agency app to keep and not paying subscriptions for.
Sure, but I don't pay anything for access.

As far as an employee "forum", well that could go many ways, and knowing the wide (mentally mature) age range of my co-workers it would have to be regulated, and monitored fairly closely so I personally don't see that being too realistic.

It's unfortunate, but then again they have their own SM forums they've created where they can shift trade and whatnot amongst themselves.

OP
OP
L

LifeOfAMedicStudent

Forum Crew Member
Sure, but I don't pay anything for access.

As far as an employee "forum", well that could go many ways, and knowing the wide (mentally mature) age range of my co-workers it would have to be regulated, and monitored fairly closely so I personally don't see that being too realistic.

It's unfortunate, but then again they have their own SM forums they've created where they can shift trade and whatnot amongst themselves.

Another idea I wanted to implement is creating a website for tennessee fire and rescue volunteers. It would be something like volunteertnfirerescue.org or something like that. It would be a good recruiting resource for people who are wanting to volunteer (or even work for) a fire department or rescue squad in tennessee and they can search positions based on their talents and certs. For example, if someone is wanting to run EMS first responder calls without getting involved with the fire aspect. It would be just a general web portal.

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
As you all may know, I am transitioning away from EMS due to the intolerance, wear, and abysmal pay.

I am starting to flourish in web development ( I especially LOVE PHP programming so far ). I have a solid grasp of HTML, CSS, and doing well so far at PHP ane SQL. I will eventually branch out to other programming languages. I need to improve on Javascript. But anyways...

I was thinking about also expanding to android and iOS app development. Maybe I can create custom applications for agencies that features the following:

1. Direct access to list of protocols with easy custom search
2. Employee scheduling (kind of like a whentowork)
3. Employee forum
4. Employee contacts
5. Truck check offs with easy submission. Immediately notifies supervisor of anything needing attention and prioritizes it.
I have two different, agency specific and developed protocol apps. The others have existed for quite sometime, I'm happy to finally have a real protocol app. We also use Pulsara for specialty alerts.

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
I have two different, agency specific and developed protocol apps. The others have existed for quite sometime, I'm happy to finally have a real protocol app. We also use Pulsara for specialty alerts.

Also I find my job to be well compensating, reasonably busy, and tolerant.

DrParasite

The fire extinguisher is not just for show
My FD already has this. Our assistant chief (whose day job is as a career FD captain and probably should be a part time chef) designed it himself, for both us and his FT job. It's in the google play store and android store.

the check off is a front end for google forms and links to our scheduling site, facebook page, contact list, and website. It also requires a username and password for access.

the state website isn't a bad idea; get ahold of the state association and pitch them an idea. they might even pay you for it.

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
I think its a great idea. My service would never pay for it though.

Last edited:

Ensihoitaja

Forum Captain
We actually have an app, but it's terrible. Difficulty to navigate or find anything. I think we would benefit from having a good one.

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
We actually have an app, but it's terrible. Difficulty to navigate or find anything. I think we would benefit from having a good one.
The COSEMS app developed by CSFD turned out really nicely though it must have been very expensive. The app we got for all the other El Paso and Teller agencies is pretty abysmal.