Do you think so?

Emily Starton

Forum Lieutenant
Several months into the pandemic, we continue to unravel the mystery that is covid-19. There continue to be critical questions that remain unanswered. This may be one of the biggest questions on the minds of many. May vaccines be the most effective way to develop herd immunity so that the virus can't spread effectively?

akflightmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
Huh?

Are you asking to prove what has already been proven?

mgr22

Forum Deputy Chief
Several months into the pandemic, we continue to unravel the mystery that is covid-19. There continue to be critical questions that remain unanswered. This may be one of the biggest questions on the minds of many. May vaccines be the most effective way to develop herd immunity so that the virus can't spread effectively?
If you're asking whether vaccines are a safer way to develop herd immunity than simply allowing, say, a billion people to get infected with an often disabling and occasionally fatal virus...well, yes, I think so.

And what do you think?

OP
OP
E

Emily Starton

Forum Lieutenant
If you're asking whether vaccines are a safer way to develop herd immunity than simply allowing, say, a billion people to get infected with an often disabling and occasionally fatal virus...well, yes, I think so.

And what do you think?

I'm in doubt because I also read a lot of information about the negative effects of vaccines until I found this article https://allofnothing.org/2020/06/24/what-a-vaccine-against-coronavirus-can-do-for-all/ that change my beliefs that vaccines are important.

jgmedic

Fire Truck Driver
What information that gave you negative vaccine info? FB mom groups? Natural News? Anything by Dr. Mercola? ALL BS. Vaccines have eradicated more disease and prevented more deaths than anything outside of better water and sanitation. The hilarious thing to me is that article you posted. That's what changed your mind? Don't get me wrong, I'm glad, but there are hundreds of actual scientific studies on the efficacy of vaccines. IMHO, if you are an anti-vaxxer GTFO the health care profession.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
2 posters with a post history that contains absolutely nothing medical or EMS related in them.... kinda sus..

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
2 posters with a post history that contains absolutely nothing medical or EMS related in them.... kinda sus..
Not really. Several forum members are not in EMS but end up joining for other reasons such as a Google search of a topic brought them here. As long as our forum rules are followed, all are welcome.

OP
OP
E

Emily Starton

Forum Lieutenant
Not really. Several forum members are not in EMS but end up joining for other reasons such as a Google search of a topic brought them here. As long as our forum rules are followed, all are welcome.
Thank you for saving me ffemt8978. And yes, what you said is actually right.