Department of the Army paramedic?

NightHealer865

Forum Crew Member
Does anyone have any experience working as a paramedic as a DOD civilian? I am a current federal employee with the department of the Air Force, a US army vet and am looking at applying for a paramedic spot at Ft Benning. GS-7 level position, but I’d have SAFEPAY making me a GS-9.

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
Does anyone have any experience working as a paramedic as a DOD civilian? I am a current federal employee with the department of the Air Force, a US army vet and am looking at applying for a paramedic spot at Ft Benning. GS-7 level position, but I’d have SAFEPAY making me a GS-9.
A few former coworkers work for Fort Carson EMS (Colorado Springs). Great equipment and medical direction but lots of transfers from the base hospital to larger city facilities. They are also supposed to spend time working in the ED when there's downtime, not sure how it works at other installations. Obviously you are familiar with the pay and benefits which are quite nice as well.

luke_31

Forum Asst. Chief
What do you want to know?