Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) DMAT Paramedic

Phillyrube

Leading Chief
Guessing the entire fed process is hosed. I went on the Teams when FEMA ran it. It was a pretty quick process then, as the hiring was local. 3veryone knew everyone. We went over to hhs and the bureaucratic process got so much worse.

That being said, it was a great time and the training second to none. It was this training that leads me to believe the Wuhan flu is a biowar research project, but that's fodder for another thread.

PotatoMedic

Has no idea what I'm doing.
The hiring is also a little different this round. The team commanders are the ones reviewing the applications after the initial review and then hiring directly from that. That way the TC's get more say and it should go quicker.

But as I have learned. Just hurry up and wait.

fm_emt

Useless without caffeine
The hiring is also a little different this round. The team commanders are the ones reviewing the applications after the initial review and then hiring directly from that. That way the TC's get more say and it should go quicker.

But as I have learned. Just hurry up and wait.

I hope so. I applied this time around. Last time was in TX and I got conflicting emails back - one saying I didn't include my license (which was clearly visible right there in the app) and another saying "you've been forwarded to the hiring manager." That was a few years ago now.

Now I'm back in California with way more experience. So we'll see.

PotatoMedic

I hope so. I applied this time around. Last time was in TX and I got conflicting emails back - one saying I didn't include my license (which was clearly visible right there in the app) and another saying "you've been forwarded to the hiring manager." That was a few years ago now.

Now I'm back in California with way more experience. So we'll see.
Good luck. To be honest I still wouldn't expect anything fast. And who knows, you might end up on a Texas DMAT team. Also, format your resume by more or less verbatim copying the job posting functions and requirements. If you can go back and edit it.

PotatoMedic

Well they are hiring again. Link for medics below but they are also looking for RNs, PAs, and ARNPs.

OP
OP
ExpatMedic0

ExpatMedic0

MS, NRP
So in 2-3 years we should see some new folks! 😂

RedBlanketRunner

Opheophagus Hannah Cuddler
Got my ID card today. The process is now complete. It took me over 2 years to onboard
Reminds me of fighting my last fire for the season at the end of September and getting my paycheck December 20. Upon checking the delay I was told OEM had got on board and just about everything ground to a dead halt. That was around the time CGAS was expecting the new replacement MH-65s just after the first of the year. The first arrivals in our neck of the woods arrived in November.
The speed the feds move gets you trampled by snails.