day bag/pack?

troymclure

Forum Lieutenant
what daybag/pack do you currently carry, your personal bag to hold your personal stuff. ie: personal meds, chargers, tablet, lunch, etc...?

i hate digging thru a pack for something, so would like one with lots of pockets, but not be too giant.

im looking for something to hold a small tablet, charger, lunch, ear buds, tylenol, small coffee thermos, a few bottles of water, a book or 2, and a few other random bits.

chaz90

Community Leader
Community Leader
I bring a backpack to work with me. It's probably a relic from my student days. Mine is a medium sized Swissgear bag. It's been remarkably resilient for the past few years.

Medic Tim

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
I use a backpack or duty bag.

Mariemt

Forum Captain
I only carry a vest. It has tape, a watch hooked on it. 2 pairs of scissors because someone will steal one for sure. A stethoscope, pen light a tablet many pens an several pairs of gloves... and breath mints.. oh and my pocket mask

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
I only carry a vest. It has tape, a watch hooked on it. 2 pairs of scissors because someone will steal one for sure. A stethoscope, pen light a tablet many pens an several pairs of gloves... and breath mints.. oh and my pocket mask

No one has ever taken my shears....

chaz90

Community Leader
Community Leader
No one has ever taken my shears....

I've lost shears because when they're needed I find myself handing them to someone with a free hand. Knock on wood, haven't lost my current pair for ~2 years though.

Mariemt

Forum Captain
I've lost shears because when they're needed I find myself handing them to someone with a free hand. Knock on wood, haven't lost my current pair for ~2 years though.

I've cut clothing etc the handed them over to have someone cut something out of reach, or when my hands were full had someone get them out of pocket to use to use etc. They are provided to me, I just choose a pretty knew pair. Pen lights. Once handed out, never see again

CritterNurse

Forum Captain
I have an old backpack I got from a previous job because I donated a certain amount to a certain charity. I take it with me to work in case I don't go home for the night. Sometimes I'll crash at a relative's if I'm not feeling up to the hour-long drive home.

Its basically a small zippered backpack with one medium pocket in front (velcro closure) , and two pockets on the side for water bottles.

In it I keep:

a pair of scrubs (make comfy PJ's in a pinch)
a change of 'unmentionables'
pens and pencils
notebook
toothpaste and toothbrush
floss-picks
hairbrush with elastics
Advil or other pain reliever
Antihistamine pills
cough-drops
caffeinated chewing gum
'normal' chewing gum
tissues
feminine hygiene products
hand lotion
emery boards
sleep-mask with built-in headphones (to be plugged into the MP3 player I usually have in my truck)
and usually a knitting project.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bosco836

Forum Lieutenant
what daybag/pack do you currently carry, your personal bag to hold your personal stuff. ie: personal meds, chargers, tablet, lunch, etc...?

i hate digging thru a pack for something, so would like one with lots of pockets, but not be too giant.

im looking for something to hold a small tablet, charger, lunch, ear buds, tylenol, small coffee thermos, a few bottles of water, a book or 2, and a few other random bits.

I use the 5.11 Tactical Patrol Ready Bag - http://www.511tactical.com/All-Products/Police-Gear/Police-Bags-Pouches/Patrol-Ready.html

Reasonably sized, reasonably priced, and durable.

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
It is a rule that any item branded "tactical" is priced 10x higher than it's identical "non tactical" counterpart.

Barnum had it right.

MrJones

Iconoclast
It is a rule that any item branded "tactical" is priced 10x higher than it's identical "non tactical" counterpart.

Barnum had it right.

Make anything small, black and expensive and the military/public safety community will beat a path to your door, purchase orders in hand.

:rofl:

Bullets

Forum Knucklehead
LA Police Gear Bailout Bag, best thing for $20 and not subject to Tactical inflation.

I know a few who bring the MOAB 10 from 5.11

shfd739

Forum Deputy Chief
I carry this REI bag:
http://www.rei.com/product/809172/rei-quantum-messenger-bag

Has bottle holders on each that hold a Camelbak bottle and thermos perfectly, water resistant zipper on back to get at my iPad or laptop, lots of room for magazines, books,pens,OTC meds, snacks etc.

Plenty of room and looks normal.

On days I feel like rolling lite i use a 5.11 PUSH pack in black. It holds the basics (flip guides, OTC meds,light,pens etc) plus bottle or thermos.

http://www.511tactical.com/All-Products/Bags-Backpacks/All-Hazards/PUSH-Pack.html

The PUSH pack has also been a great camera bag- camera body/lens inside and extra lens in one of the bottle holders. It lays on a hip so its easy to keep a hand on it to prevent theft.

Ripper

Forum Ride Along
I use a Condor Urban go pack for almost every thing I do, and I have only come close to running out of room once when I went on a four day hike. I paid some where around $45 for I think. I tried to post a link for you but my post count isnt high enough. Just google "Condor Urban Go Pack"

WuLabsWuTecH

Forum Deputy Chief

I've cut clothing etc the handed them over to have someone cut something out of reach, or when my hands were full had someone get them out of pocket to use to use etc. They are provided to me, I just choose a pretty knew pair. Pen lights. Once handed out, never see again

We solved that problem by over saturating the medic with trauma shears. There's 2 sets in the jump bag, 2 sets in the airway kit, one set in the drug box, one set in the c-collar bag, 2 sets in the action area, one set on the bench seat, one set secured to the Christmas tree by the bench seat, one set in the bandages cabinet and one set in the gloves box...

Nobody take them anywhere because it's hard not to trip over them!

SloEd

Forum Probie
I also use the LA Police gear bail out bag. It was cheap but well built. It is just about the right size to hold what I need and still fit behind the seat. It has held up well for the 4-5 months I have had it.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Since I made supervisor I am working 48s... So now I carry a black 5.11 Rush24 with my laptop, iPad, kindle, chargers and some snacks and paperwork. I also carry a small REI duffel with a complete change of uniform except shirt (on a hangar in my closet at base). I try to carry as little as possible.