Cypress Creek (Houston) is Hiring

RocketMedic

Californian, Lost in Texas
There is another hiring process scheduled. Anticipated start date is the first week of December 2017. Good schedule for most (24/72) with 12 hour options, competitive pay (I'm at 21.50 an hour) and pretty good medicine and protocols. We serve North Harris County (Houston). 911 only no IFT. Basics, intermediates and medics all welcome. Www.Ccems.com. I'll answer questions for you if I can.

nyislesfan42

Forum Crew Member
filled out the online app already. any idea when I should hear something or is there somebody I should call to follow up? what is the hiring process like?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nyislesfan42

Forum Crew Member
what does the average AEMT get paid?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
RocketMedic

RocketMedic

I think AEMT is in the 14s. Basic makes 11.85 starting

OP
OP
RocketMedic

RocketMedic

I think they're accepting all levels but medics are preferred.

nyislesfan42

Forum Crew Member
have my interview on Tuesday after passing the testing last week. do you know anything about the paramedic program the offer? mainly if they will put new hires into the program and when the next one starts? Thanks for all the info

FoleyArtist

More murse than medic now...
dang those red shirts though. haha. good luck to those how apply. i wish i moved to texas when i was a new medic. i missed that crossroads a long time ago.

OP
OP
RocketMedic

RocketMedic

I know the paramedic program is competitive, but it is open to all. There isn't a magical time of certification to get in.

nyislesfan42

Forum Crew Member
got my offer today. kinda disappointed though. offered $12.82 for AEMT. seems kind of low, but still better than staying with AMR

DrParasite

The fire extinguisher is not just for show
got my offer today. kinda disappointed though. offered $12.82 for AEMT. seems kind of low, but still better than staying with AMR
damn.... I was making $12.50 as a part time temp EMT in NC. With experience i know EMTs who would make at least 15. Maybe the cost of living is much less?

You don't want to know what I make as a temporary EMS/Fire responder at the local state college.....

OP
OP
RocketMedic

RocketMedic

That's disappointingly low, but it is about the same as AMR.

nyislesfan42

Forum Crew Member
Its the same as what they pay for a basic at AMR. I was in line for a $2/hr raise as an AEMT. Thats why I was hoping for a comparable rate at Creek. Im hoping she just messed up the pay rate since there is a few different intermediate levels.

nyislesfan42

Forum Crew Member
Is there a lot of overtime available at Creek? I would like to work an extra 24 every other week or so if possible.

OP
OP
RocketMedic

RocketMedic

There is a decent amount

OP
OP
RocketMedic

RocketMedic

Good for you!

EMS44

Forum Ride Along
Does Cypress Creek EMS hire new medics? I was looking into the Austin area. Hoping to move this summer from WA. How is living in Houston? Cost of living with medic wages? Thank you for the info!

OP
OP
RocketMedic

RocketMedic

We do hire new medics, to the point that we actually have a process designed specifically for new medics to come into their own.
I don't live or work in Austin, but I would objectively give Austin geographically the nod over Houston, it's nice country with nice things and rivers and fun and nicer weather in Austin. With that being said, Houston is the 4th largest city in the nation, and there's a lot going on here, all the time. EMS in Houston, with the notable exceptions of Houston Fire and a few more conservative areas, is better than EMS in Austin and San Antonio. We do some pretty cool things here/in the area.

Cost of living vs wages: Houston is better. A new medic here is looking at high 40s-low 50s with a 42-hour schedule, which is enough to live on decently here.