CPAP - Frequency of Use

On what percentage of calls for respiratory distress do you use CPAP?

• Less than 10% of respiratory distress calls

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Less than 10%

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • More than 10% but less than 25%

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • More than 25% but less than 50%

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • More than 50% but less than 75%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • More than 75% but less than 100%

• All or almost all (~100%)

• I don't have CPAP as an option to me.

• I never/have not yet used CPAP.

• I use some other similar tool.

• Total voters

Kenneth Young

Forum Ride Along
Wealth of Knowledge I d
I presume you're a wealth of knowledge for anyone inquiring about wilderness medicine then, very nice.
A wealth of Knowledge? I don't know about that, but I have a heart felt passion for remote and austere medicine. I crave to learn more every day, and be better clinician all the time. I love sharing the knowledge too, especially when I have network capability, lol.

StCEMT

Forum Deputy Chief
Talk about one of many dream jobs lol

Although to add something relevant, I have yet to actually have to use CPAP or BiPAP. Pulled out the vent a few times, but that is it. Usually my respiratory issues are helped with a simple neb treatment.

VentMonkey

Family Guy
Wealth of Knowledge I d

A wealth of Knowledge? I don't know about that, but I have a heart felt passion for remote and austere medicine. I crave to learn more every day, and be better clinician all the time. I love sharing the knowledge too, especially when I have network capability, lol.
This sounds a lot like myself, and many others on this forum.

Thanks for contributing.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
We used CPAP twice yesterday. One did great on it, the other ended up getting DSId on the side of the road.

CPAP has some contraindications and can definitely cause harm in some patients but I'm pretty quick to pull the trigger on it. It makes a huge difference in a lot of people and if used early enough can often save them from being intubated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk