Could we have a self-imposed hiatus on some subjects?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
Nothing official, but if fellow members could refrain from getting into some subject areas, the level of discussion could be higher. Personally, I'm really tired of hearing about guns, martial arts, and knives. (Other stuff bugs me, but those other subjects are just because I'm a know-it-all, crotchety old fart).:angry:

Sasha

Forum Chief
Nothing official, but if fellow members could refrain from getting into some subject areas, the level of discussion could be higher. Personally, I'm really tired of hearing about guns, martial arts, and knives. (Other stuff bugs me, but those other subjects are just because I'm a know-it-all, crotchety old fart).:angry:

That was a subject in the chat, and not on the forum and it actually was pertinent to the subject at hand. I don't see guns making their way into other threads.

OP
OP
mycrofft

mycrofft

Hi Ms S! Use search function and look up "guns", "firearms", "armed", etc.

People in a civilian medical comparing firearms and asking if EMT's should be allowed to carry them give me the heebie geebies and remind me of the adolescents on the MYTHBUSTERS forum. But then, the only weapons I was qualified for by the military were mastodont tusk spears and shepherd's sling. *;).

*M-16 rifle and M-9 sidearm.

PS: Ask the Israeli Army about shepherds' slings in the Intifada. Not a toy.

Sasha

Forum Chief
Those were threads specifically about guns, it's not as if it's coming up on every single thread. And if you don't like reading threads where the subject is fire arms, weapons, etc, maybe you should skip over them, normally they're clearly marked.

Mr. C, I don't think censorship would be a good idea.

That's just my humble opinion.

OP
OP
mycrofft

mycrofft

Valid points.

As I said, I'm the crotchety old man who yells at the kids across the street in the park.

If people want to post them, be my co-participant! It's largely irrelevant to the subject of EMS, but a great subject as a social phenomenon.
PS: I do skip most.

medic417

The Truth Provider
You know this reminds me that I just found the perfect concealed carry firearm for all EMS people to be required to carry. It would never be seen unless used. Let me see what was the link.;):p

JPINFV

Gadfly
How about some bullet control?[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFcVwDw4YLE[/YOUTUBE]

OP
OP
mycrofft

mycrofft

There's a guy to partner with...Chris Rock!

The man's thinking.

WannaBeFlight

Forum Lieutenant
I have actually seen at several local community colleges now offering BLET for Paramedics...? :unsure:

firecoins

IFT Puppet
I like my AK-74

AJ Hidell

Forum Deputy Chief
I have actually seen at several local community colleges now offering BLET for Paramedics...? :unsure:
Brotherhood of Locomotive Engineers and Trainmen? :unsure:

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
If you don't want to discuss it, then don't discuss it.

Why should I curtail my thoughts because you don't like it?

Sasha

Forum Chief

Basic Law Enforcement Training??? That's the only thing I can think of that might fit.

Sasha

Forum Chief
If that is it, leave it up to EMS to come up with another "basic" type of training.

Heck, some haven't even gotten EMS down yet, no need to be venturing out into Law Enforcement, too!

Edit: I looked it up, it is basic law enforcement training.

Last edited by a moderator:

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
OH! Does this mean I get to carry around a collapsible baton!?

YEAH!!!!!!!

medic417

The Truth Provider
OH! Does this mean I get to carry around a collapsible baton!?

YEAH!!!!!!!

Nope thats only taught in the Advanced Law Enforcement Training. Darn Basics always wanting more skills w/o the education. :p

WannaBeFlight

Forum Lieutenant
Yeah, I didn't actually believe it until I read it for my own eyes. They posted it on the school website to see who might be interested. They were waiting to do it this fall if people signed up, it was a hybrid class they wanted to run. And yeah it was for Basic Law Enforcement Training. :ph34r:

LE-EMT

Forum Lieutenant
LMAO Great thats all that we need. EMS running around crime scenes thinking they know what they are doing.... No offense to EMS people as a whole. Heck I know cops that I wouldn't want on a crime scene. As far as BLET why?? what good will come of it? What are you really going to learn?
Not to mention without a state certification as a peace officer it means absolutely jack poop.
My opinion.. If you want to learn about law enforcement, proceedures, laws, so on and so forth join one of the many criminal justice programs out there. Heck every major university, community college, and even most tech and trade schools are offering some form of CJ Degree program.
I am not saying that there can't be cross overs. I know several cop/emts/medics. they are good at what they do but few and far between. But they are cops first and formost.

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
hijacked.gif

Closed due to thread-jacking.

Status
Not open for further replies.