Anjel

Forum Angel
CBS is reporting that as well.

OP
OP
Anjel

Anjel

Forum Angel
I pray for the responders that are on that scene. I honestly don't know how I would cope.

VFlutter

Flight Nurse
Is it just me or do those stupid interviews annoy anyone else? Yes, lets interview the parents talking about how scared they were that their child could have been hurt and how thankful they are that they are ok when 10 other kids died. Just give us the facts, leave that out of it.

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
Is it just me or do those stupid interviews annoy anyone else? Yes, lets interview the parents talking about how scared they were that their child could have been hurt and how thankful they are that they are ok when 10 other kids died. Just give us the facts, leave that out of it.

I don't think any official conference has occurred yet to release the facts.

shannonlovesth

Forum Probie
I don't ever want to have to handle a MCI scene where the mass is children. I am praying for everyone there. Sending strength to everyone on scene and all the families in the community and school.

jediwill

Forum Crew Member
:-(

From the video I saw it looked like AMR responded to the call...don't know how many other services but I imagine they sent the calvary.Thoughts and prayers for all children and familes involved and also teaching staff and their families...and also first responders...law enforcement and ems....big hug to all my fellow brothers and sisters.

EMT11KDL

Forum Asst. Chief
just tragic! Truly a sad day!

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
From the video I saw it looked like AMR responded to the call...don't know how many other services but I imagine they sent the calvary.Thoughts and prayers for all children and familes involved and also teaching staff and their families...and also first responders...law enforcement and ems....big hug to all my fellow brothers and sisters.

Sadly it sounded like there wasn't much need for EMS. The local hospital received (according to what I watched) three victims, two of whom did not survive.

Sort of reminds me of 9/11 where the hospitals ramped up to receive tons of casualties but in the end their services were not needed.

usalsfyre

You have my stapler
What's truly disturbing to me is the calls for action after something like this always seem to ignore how we view and deal with mental illness in this country.

abckidsmom

Dances with Patients
I hate every call to action on days like this. Lets just grieve for a minute and put off angry spewing.

But that's just me. I got to put my kids to bed tonight.

chillybreeze

Forum Lieutenant
Makes you want to hug your kids a little tighter and for a little longer. Many thoughts and prayers go out to the families and emergency crews dealing with this.

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader

VFlutter

Flight Nurse
This is making the rounds through a lot of my Facebook friends too.

I've seen that patient before. Many times. It's sad, but too often the system is overwhelmed.

Also, The media's description of Aspergers is horribly inaccurate.

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader