Confidential Consult

Status
Not open for further replies.

JPINFV

Gadfly
So... in light of this recent locked thread, why not start some sort of official "Confidential Consult" forum such as the one over at Student Doctor Network? The basics is that people can either post a thread or PM a moderator. However all posts have to be approved, so before a new thread is viewable the moderator reposts the original post so it looks to be coming from them (thus no identifiable information) and makes that thread visible. Now questions of a more private level can be asked and answered without the OP being outed or having to try to make a new account.

Heck, we can call the new forum something catchy, like Confidential Medical Control.

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
The CL's will discuss us reposting anonymous questions, but we will NOT implement an anonymous posting forum.

If you can convince another member to post the question for you, then go for it. We could even use this thread where members could volunteer to repost these types of questions.

Before we implement that though, please give the CL's some time to work out the rules for it and notify the community.

bstone

Forum Deputy Chief
I really like the idea of people being able to ask a confidential question and see no problem in them making a new username to do so. I don't know why the policy can't or shouldn't be amended to allow that, particularly if they disclose that their new account is only for the purpose of the confidential consult.

Bravo, JPINFV, for the thoughts! I strongly support it!

OP
OP
JPINFV

JPINFV

Gadfly
The CL's will discuss us reposting anonymous questions, but we will NOT implement an anonymous posting forum.

Last I checked there was no verification for this forum in the first place, thus making it as anonymous as each poster wants it to be. Some of us are more anonymous than others. However, the entire concept is to have a method of posting more personal (be it personal personal or business personal) questions where the original post is scrubbed of identifying information and done in a manner where it is known that the OP is a messenger, not the poster. After all, we all know how the "A friend of mine wanted to ask about..." type posts go.

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
I can understand why you generally do not want members to have more than one profile, but if nothing malicious is being done I guess I don't see the point of locking what was a somewhat productive thread. Even on the internet not everyone is comfortable asking certain questions to a certain audience, it seems kind of odd to lock the thread and then call someone out for being "too ashamed." That's probably the opposite of what they were trying to accomplish. It seems like the "confidential consult" is a good solution, no offense to the CLs but if I have a question that I don't want associated with me I'm probably not sending it to anyone to have it reposted.

bstone

Forum Deputy Chief
There is a strong difference between a sockpuppet with malicious intent and asking a confidential question with constructive value that protects anonymity. I am not sure why the two are being conflated by the admins.

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
There is a strong difference between a sockpuppet with malicious intent and asking a confidential question with constructive value that protects anonymity. I am not sure why the two are being conflated by the admins.

They're not being conflated...I asked for some time while the CL's discuss it among ourselves.

Thread closed pending our decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.