Complete Cadaver Dissection (Caution May be Disturbing to Some)

C.T.E.M.R.

Forum Lieutenant
Rob, thanks for posting these vids, I have to say these are probably the coolest vids i have ever seen, I like how so much was explained, I feel like i understand the human body alot more!! thanks again!!!!!

OP
OP
medicRob

medicRob

Forum Deputy Chief
Rob, thanks for posting these vids, I have to say these are probably the coolest vids i have ever seen, I like how so much was explained, I feel like i understand the human body alot more!! thanks again!!!!!

You're welcome. I am glad you are learning. Make sure to be on the lookout for my physiology thread. If I posted it right now, it would be in violation of forum rules because I don't currently have permission. However, I sent an email to the video owner the other day like I did with this one asking permission to post it here, I will check my inbox tonight to see if they replied. If they haven't there are a few "free game" vids out there that won't violate any forum rules or copyrights.

Either way, you guys will get a physiology post.

C.T.E.M.R.

Forum Lieutenant
I cant wait!!!! Now i really want to finish high school early so i can get an early start on a nursing degree And EMTP cert

OP
OP
medicRob

medicRob

Forum Deputy Chief
I cant wait!!!! Now i really want to finish high school early so i can get an early start on a nursing degree And EMTP cert

Do well in high school, I mean really pay attention. It will serve you better in the long run, I promise. I can not stress the merits of a good education enough.

Do you know how much money a good ACT Score can save you?

Remedials Cost money:

DSPM 0700: Concepts of Algebra
DSPM 0800: Beginning Algebra
DSPM 0850: Intermediate Algebra

DSPW 0700: Fundamentals of English
DSPW 0800: Beginning Expository Writing
DSPW 0850: Intermediate Expository Writing

If you make a good enough score on your ACT in the areas of math and english, you save all that money by not having to take those courses.. Each one is 3 credits, they can cost upwards of $400 per class.

Hell, if you score high enough on the English section of the ACT, you can get credit for college level Composition I and II.

If you get into a nursing course that requires you to have "College Algebra", "Finite Math", or "Statistics & Probability".. those all require individuals who did not score "college level" on their ACT to take remedial courses in mathematics depending on where you score. The lowest score would have to take all 3 (which do not count toward degree credit) before starting on "College algebra", "Stats", or "Finite Mathematics"..

If you score well, you get started right away on what you need to finish for nursing school.. So pay attention now.

Good luck.

JPINFV

Gadfly
^

It really depends on the school you get into. SAT and ACT scores only worked to get out of one writing course and were immaterial for math. The main way to get out of taking precalc courses or intro writing was through placement tests. AP scores, in most cases, just gave unit credit, but not course credit, for courses in your major. Of course being able to enroll as a sophomore before all of the other freshman students definitely has its advantages. Of course if you were trying to get into a science program, being able to get through preclac during high school was essentially a requirement.

However, if someone is looking for a graduate program, many graduate programs won't take course credit from AP exams.

Last edited by a moderator:

DrankTheKoolaid

Forum Deputy Chief
Very cool of you to share this. Great videos for everyone to learn / brush up on their anatomy. Loved my Anatomy more so then any other classes i have taken. My school for my RN pre req work was fortunate enough to have made a deal about 2 decades ago and every semester gets a fresh male and a female for the students.

I cant even explain how much a important a good fundemental knowledge of A/P is to EMS

Sandog

Forum Asst. Chief
Do well in high school, I mean really pay attention. It will serve you better in the long run, I promise. I can not stress the merits of a good education enough.

Do you know how much money a good ACT Score can save you?

Remedials Cost money:

DSPM 0700: Concepts of Algebra
DSPM 0800: Beginning Algebra
DSPM 0850: Intermediate Algebra

DSPW 0700: Fundamentals of English
DSPW 0800: Beginning Expository Writing
DSPW 0850: Intermediate Expository Writing

I think what Rob is saying is true. Some folks straight out of high school are able to go right into calculus or college algebra, others have to take courses like pre-algebra or lower just to get the pre-requisite math class. Same for English communication, so bottom line is, pay now, or pay later... :)

JPINFV

Gadfly
Oh, I'm not arguing that people don't go straight into gen chem or calc straight out of high school. I'm saying that the method of determining appropriateness varies by university, often through specific placement exams.

Sandog

Forum Asst. Chief
Oh, I'm not arguing that people don't go straight into gen chem or calc straight out of high school. I'm saying that the method of determining appropriateness varies by university, often through specific placement exams.

Agreed, it is placement test, by the time I went to college my SAT scores had fossilized and indeed were immaterial. But knowing how how to solve a 4th degree poly would have helped. :)

Martyn

Forum Asst. Chief
Is anyone else curious about the lack of gloves? I'm not familiar with cadaver preservation techniques but even if there is no dangerous chemicals used I imagine you might be left with funky smelling hands. Or even worse some stray bits and pieces caught under your finger nails.

Yeah, first thing I noticed, no BSI...just don't pick your nose

sop

Forum Lieutenant
Thanks for the posting of videos. It may be creepy to some people who have never seen a real and dead opened body before, but it is purely educational to all.

James007

Forum Ride Along
As a complete newbie to the medical world, and having only slight knowledge of A&P i find these videos extremely fascinating and informative.
I believe they've changed my understanding of the subjects(for the better :p). Id just like to thank you for putting up these amazing vids