City of Los Angeles D.O.T Ambulance Permits Step by Step

peterparker35

Forum Ride Along
HOW TO OBTAIN A LADOT AMBULANCE DRIVER/ATTENDANT PERMIT:

Step 1: COMPANY- Prior to undergoing(non-taxi) driver or attendant permit processing by LADOT, you must be hired by a company authorized to operate in the City of Los Angeles.
Your company will provide you with a DRIVER/ATTENDANT PERMIT APPLICATION form that must be completed and have approved and signed by an authorized company representative.

Step 2: DMV- Go to the California Department of Motor Vehicles(DMV) and obtain a complete driving history report (H6) cost is:$5.00 issued within the last 30 days. Report must state "End" on last page.

Step 3: LADOT- Begin the permit process at LADOT's permitting office. All applicants must appear in person and present the following original documents to obtain a new, renewal (non-expired), or replacement permit(lost/stolen/operator change)

IN ADDITION TO THE ABOVE, the following original documents are required depending on the type of permit requested:

AMBULANCE DRIVER

-Valid Medical Exam (DL-51) card
-Valid CA County-issued EMT-1 or above card
-Valid CA Ambulance Driver Certificate

NON-AMBULANCE DRIVER/ATTENDANT

-Valid CPR (Red Cross equivalent)
- Valid CA County -issued EMT-1 or above card

MAKE SURE YOU HAVE ALL THE FOLLOWING BEFORE YOU ARRIVE:

-Complete DRIVER/ATTENDANT PERMIT APPLICATION form that must be completed and have approved and with original signature by an authorized company representative.

-Complete(must state "end" report) driving history report (H6) issued within the last 30 days.

-Valid CA DL, or CA I.D for attendants only

-Company gurney/stretcher training letter

-All required fees payment of: $106 (If permit is not expired good for 2 years or if expired valid for 1 year same fee) (Visa/Mastercard/Discover, debit cards and checks only-NO CASH; NO MONEY ORDERS; NO THIRD PARTY CREDIT/DEBIT CARDS ACCEPTED)

***ALSO IF YOU ARE APPLYING FOR YOUR FIRST TIME YOU WILL GET FINGERPRINTED($76.00 and the fingerprints are good for life) or IF LET YOUR PERMIT EXPIRES YOU WILL HAVE A PERIOD OF UP TO 3 YEARS AFTER THAT YOU WILL HAVE TO PAY TO GET FINGERPRINTED AGAIN AND PAY ($76.00)

***ALSO FOR FIRST TIME APPLICANTS:

-Proof of right to work in U.S

-SSN card

Hours of Operation:

Monday-Thursday
10:00 am -12:00pm
1:00pm - 3:00pm (Closed for lunch & on Fridays & holidays)
**NOTE: Parking is a hassle plenty of parking meters around the area

100 S Main St Plaza Level
Los Angeles, CA 90012
(213) 928-9732 or (213) 928-9600
e-mail:dot.franchise@lacity.org

Always BSI

Forum Lieutenant
Thanks for the info.

Funny thing today I was signing all these papers after getting them signed by the lady at the ambulance company. I'm going down there on Tuesday. I can already see the traffic... :angry:

Gabiosan

Forum Ride Along
DOT permit

I called the DOT office this morning and they told me $182 for a new permit. My question is if I already have my livescan fingerprints do they subtract $76 from that $182?

Joe

Forum Captain
No. Unfortunately companies/entities cannot share the information from live scn. You need a seperate livescan for each place. (Dmv, state/county card, ladot) absolutely stupid if you ask me.

JENNI

Forum Probie
renewal?

If I am renewing it do I have to bring another application from the company I work for with a authorized signature and do I have to bring another H-6 again?

Chris07

Competent in Incompetence
If I am renewing it do I have to bring another application from the company I work for with a authorized signature and do I have to bring another H-6 again?
You need to bring another application signed by your company. I would also bring all your certs and H6 as well. Renewal is the same as a new application, except there is no live scan.

mikeb890

Forum Probie
New applicant for DOT permit here. Can someone confirm that I'll get a temporary permit (that's like good for 15 days) on the day itself when I apply for it?

Or else, how long does it take? Thank you.

JENNI

Forum Probie
New applicant for DOT permit here. Can someone confirm that I'll get a temporary permit (that's like good for 15 days) on the day itself when I apply for it?

Or else, how long does it take? Thank you.

They make your permanent permit right there when you come in with your application.

EmergencyMedicalSike

Forum Crew Member
You need to bring another application signed by your company. I would also bring all your certs and H6 as well. Renewal is the same as a new application, except there is no live scan.
It says for the renewal you need original documents of everything. When I first got my LADOT permit, I gave them the original copy of my DL-51 Medical Examiner’s certificate so I only have a copy of it right now. I need to renew mine so will they still accept the copy of the DL51 since they already have my original?